Huffy baby blue BMX.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
index.php

Another sad little girls Huffy seascout from the police auction... Let's throw some interesting bits at it. ;)
As sad as it is, It's cool that both tires are wore out, at least this bike lasted a while and gave some kids good service. Non other than GuitarlCarl thought this frame properly BMX like so lets spiff it up. First step was to detox the gross handgrips. Solvent from foil stickers under the clear grips, came seeping through the clear grips and turned them mushy and sticky - had to cut them off. :confused:

Last edited:
General clean up and relube underway. 2 new used tires. Removed stickers except for HUFFY logos. I did try the heat gun per @gutarlcarl.
It helped on the bars where there were metal foil stickers more than this stuff that seemed more like old school waterslide decals. The decals don't leave behind sticky glue but the foil stickers did leave behind glue I had to remove with lacquer thinner.
DSCF8077.JPG

Front hub was dry and tight - surprised to find loose balls not caged bearings. Rear coaster was siezed and needed clean and grease also. :cry: Ditto the crank, which was one of those crazy mini one piece cranks.

DSCF8079.JPG
DSCF8081.JPG

Have to get rusty steerer apart barely turns suspect zero lubrication.
I'm gonna try some rubbing compound on the paint as it seems good just oxidized by the sun.

Big color difference:43:, wasn't expecting that :thumbsup:

Felt bad before for this kid who rode those tires down with training wheels.

Thanks. Those training wheel brackets were bent bad! Who knows how many years it sat outside? The blue was really oxidized. I had to heat the steerer to get to the bearings, 'cause it turned hard and I found one of the balls was missing from a cage! Not happy with the seat maybe find a smaller one. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back