HUFFY CAMARO OR SIMILAR!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
395374_378244978869869_218029766_n.jpg

OR SIMILAR TO WHAT EVER MINE IS!

This is a 24" I had a short time back. Never did anything with it, so I took it to the Swap Meet in Haysville, KS. No one bought it, so I gave it to a kid who was admiring it with his dad. I only paid $10 for it & didn't want to drag it back home!

The grin on that kid's face was worth way more than the 10 bucks!

huffycamaro24005.jpg

huffycamaro24001.jpg

Here is my El Camino I got a few months ago...I have since flipped the bars and slammed the stem. I'm planning on getting a layed back seat post and correct chaiguard and grips.
Ratbikes004_zps1d376e22.jpg

Here are a couple pics of a Camaro that I picked up in a trade package recently.
I might play with it a bit over winter if I find inspiration, but I appreciate the originality and overall condition and would rather find it a new home intact as is.(BTW I'm in Canada)
I'll just see what happens in my new work space and my spare parts are unpacked and in view.

Well, it didn't take long before I started messin' with it.
There was no action on the local sale posting and I also just got more room to work on my bikes, so I started playing around a bit.
It all started when I tried to put the 3 speed wheelset and 2.125s under the fenders, but the the bent braces disagreed, so...... I took the fenders and rack off, then the chainguard condition and chainring design lacked appeal.
I think this sprocket will stay, but I have another wheel/tire combo in mind and have since tried a nice old Schwinn chrome wire rear rack and Shelby chainguard. Unsure too on nanner and apes.

I changed the wheels out for a Bendix with heavier gauge spokes...

While I was elfing in my workshop on Christmas Eve, I changed it up a again.....maybe too late for MBBO and too early for Winter Build Off, but I think it's heading in the right direction now.
This sissy bar suits the seat and style much better, fender trial...still evolving.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back