Huffy Compressor

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty wild machine. I pumped up the tires and took it for a short ride. With the seat fully up, I could feel my hips trying to pop out of the sockets. So no chance of me riding it anymore. A separate lever on the bars releases the main valve that frees the shock to be set any height. 20 inch front wheel. 16 inch rear. 7 speed gearing. The Seat has "hidden" storage but it takes a good sized screw driver to pop it open.
Huffy.Compressor.BB03T06843 (2).JPG
Huffy.Compressor.BB03T06843 (20).JPG

Pretty wild machine. I pumped up the tires and took it for a short ride. With the seat fully up, I could feel my hips trying to pop out of the sockets. So no chance of me riding it anymore. A separate lever on the bars releases the main valve that frees the shock to be set any height. 20 inch front wheel. 16 inch rear. 7 speed gearing. The Seat has "hidden" storage but it takes a good sized screw driver to pop it open.
View attachment 193604View attachment 193605
That's cool and can see potential to stretch the frame and swing arm to fit a bigger wheel and the adjustable suspension could give it a lay low slam stance then lifted for riding, the shock looks like a modified office chair gas lifter, looks kinda cool as is but uneven wheel size is throwing me off a bit

View attachment 193604View attachment 193605

That seat reminds me of a seat @Jake Sensi used on one of his early builds. His build was green.

I realize now that raising/lowering the shock doesn't change the distance from the seat to the crank any significant amount. You don't get to adjust for a longer legged rider, just raise the rider higher up overall. No wonder my hips still hurt after the test ride. The seat is bolted to the frame, there is no seat post.

yeah, longer chain stays would allow for a bigger back wheel but it still won't fit an adult. Better to start from scratch with some bso mtbs for frame parts.

Latest posts

Back