• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Huffy headbadge

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldbikeguy1960

My name is Rob, and I approve this rant.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for this style of headbadge.
Screenshot_20220213-182535_Gallery.jpg

Doesn't have to be perfect but would like a decent one for my chrome 1968 Huffy Cheater Slick Bike.
pM me with a photo if possible and price please.
Thanks, Rob

I may have made an error based on a photo of a bike that was supposed to be original except for the sissy bar and maybe the seat, although I have seen those Persons seats on Cheater Slick bikes. I have since found a bike on The CABE a guy bought from the original owner in 2016. The headbadge is smaller and has black straps at the top and bottom. Photo below.
Screenshot_20220217-072323_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20220217-072328_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20220217-070432_DuckDuckGo.jpg

My bike is close to this serial number and is a frame up build. Amazingly enough I have most of what I need to build it since it is not going to be stock when finished. The Modified name will fit it well.
I plan to use a green Troxel seat, the one that is almost impervious to damage. I found a matching set of grips from ozzynut2, they are Western Flyer but the same style.
Looking at some green McCauley fenders that should go nice with it.
I want a Flaming Stack chainguard for it. But so does every 62 year old boy in America.
Keeping the wide Wald bars, the Rams Horns some came with are cool but hard to do wheelies with.
I have a homemade Wheelie Bar with Rollerblade wheels that light up red and blue so it will look like sparks when it does a wheelie. Then there will be plenty of red around the bike as I lay bleeding profusely from my head wound.
I am doing a build thread after I have all the parts rounded up. It shouldn't take long but I wish I could've done this a month ago so I could put it in the buildoff.
If someone contacts me here or on The CABE with the other badge you need I will contact you.
Thanks, Rob

Thanks man, I had the wrong photo at first. I saw a 20" Huffy with that badge and thought it looked too big. I found an original survivor 1968 like mine and found out it uses the badge in the photos further down.
I got one here from ozzynut2
Mine actually uses the aluminum badge, although I could buy a sticker to cover an aluminum plate and rivet the assembly on. Since I have a badge a little nicer than my frame right now I am good though.
Thanks again, Rob

"...buy a sticker to cover an aluminum plate and rivet the assembly on."
Thanks man, I had the wrong photo at first. I saw a 20" Huffy with that badge and thought it looked too big. I found an original survivor 1968 like mine and found out it uses the badge in the photos further down.
I got one here from ozzynut2
Mine actually uses the aluminum badge, although I could buy a sticker to cover an aluminum plate and rivet the assembly on. Since I have a badge a little nicer than my frame right now I am good though.
Thanks again, Rob
"...buy a sticker to cover an aluminum plate and rivet the assembly on." Wow, that's a really good idea. I just might do that on my bike.
I love this forum. Some really creative and smart people here...like you. Thanks, Rob.

"...buy a sticker to cover an aluminum plate and rivet the assembly on."

"...buy a sticker to cover an aluminum plate and rivet the assembly on." Wow, that's a really good idea. I just might do that on my bike.
I love this forum. Some really creative and smart people here...like you. Thanks, Rob.
Even better if you find a badge with good aluminum and bad finish.
Rob

Latest posts

Back