Huffy Tiger 2 or Tigress * DONE *

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found another 80's girls Huffy Good Vibrations that started out like this...

After experimenting with green, and black for the frame color, I decided on yellow.

I wanted to do another animal print in Tiger pattern since the girls thought the others were so darn cute.

I started with a bright almost “school bus yellow” and after painting the chainguard, I thought it was just too “in your face” yellow for what I had in mind.

After finding a nice mellow yellow color, I painted the frame, then attempted to hand paint a pattern on the chainguard.

Keep in mind that I make this up as I go so, I make changes as it progresses.

That got a good reaction from my judges (the girls in my family) so I went ahead with the plan.

I had to wait a while for the fenders, since I wanted to do a copy of the Leopard bike- in Tiger but I got started the day they arrived.

After trying to fade the paint from dark (orange) to light (yellow) with rattle cans, and ending up with a big blur of paint, I ended up loading my airbrush cup with orange to achieve a subtle fade into the two tones of yellow now on the fenders.

That worked much better than the rattle cans. Hand painting the black stripes took about 45 minutes.

After all had cured for a couple days, (the clear coat) I assembled what I had.
Then, I ordered some creme color tires from chimichanga, and mounted them.

Currently I am waiting for a seat to refurbish, and handlebars, and this one will be ready for sale to some lucky young lady.

6/14 finally completed

Before

After

Re: Huffy Tiger 2

It really is well done. Its a shame you couldn't find one of the old Exxon tiger tails they
use to give away. Would add a cool touch to your build. I guess if you can paint that good
you could probably find the material and make one. :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the comments guys! I know now the girls will love it. I plan to take the two bikes to Huntington Beach and tow them on my trailer behind my Schwinn El Camino bike with a "for sale" sign so people can see them. (and maybe buy one on the spot?)

I like your idea Uncle Stretch, and I think I can make a tiger tail. I was trying to keep the cost down by not adding any accessories, but I just may do that.

the12volt said:
I have ratTED paint skills envy... my girl friend and I dig 'em all! Can't wait to see what you do next!

Cheers,
Volt
Thanks! I actually had been looking for another bike to refurb as an urban or desert camo - but yoothgeye's build has that going on - and very well I might add, so it'll have to be something else. Lots of ideas.

Latest posts

Back