HUFFYY MADE? FOX ROWLETT'S 20 BOYS TANK BIKE Richmond, VA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just picked up from Estate Sale. Never heard of a Fox, also had a 26" girls but no room for it. So the 20" is original paint red/white & truss forks. Looking closer at this bike I think it might be Huffy or Murray made but not as old as first thought. It looks to have pressed welds on the rear dropouts and the forks look Huffy/Murray to me.... ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT???
I am a BMX/Muscle Bike collector. I would love to know more about it please. I found another one a couple years ago and ended up selling it but regretting letting it go. I really didn't know how few 20" Horn tanks were around. Anyone have the rear rack, headlight and chain guard?
PICTURES

8f5e0ae3-d1cd-418b-b890-1a28919f083d_zps5de117d2.jpg

20130814_091547_zps3ea1a181.jpg

20130814_091553_zpsa58ce7b2.jpg

20130814_091557_zps293ff81f.jpg

20130814_091604_zps9c027d32.jpg

20130814_091611_zps25baa297.jpg

Found this as Rowlett's Original logo and the shop was open for 95 years. Anyone know anything about this bike????
1002178_10200373457967120_169807042_s.jpg

NIce find. real unique early 20"

I bet a lot of those were made into pig bikes bitd.

I have a few early guards, but hard to know what would fit or what it looked like without more reference pics or info.

same with rack, don't have any that I know of, but need to find a pick of somehtign similar anyways.

again, congrats, now work your magic and clean her up.

A guard would sure help as well as a rack. I was told by someone else they think it's AMF made. I could not find a serial number on it anyplace. The one good thing is the tank is still there with the horn setup. I do have some NOS 20 middleweight fenders that look like they might work for it but I hate changing items if they are there. They just need work and they will look decent. Adding a guard, cleaning, and adding some original looking parts will sure help this little gem.
Thank you for the follow-up and let me know what guard you might have - PM coming.

Jaxon said:
Cool find. You have to take the fenders off and put a banana seat and highrise bars on it and take a pic. It will be another pig bike.

..and the crowd chants.. PIG BIKE! PIG BIKE! PIG BIKE! :lol:

Did anyone else notice the Carlisle Lightning Dart tire on the front...is there one on the rear? Nice find! Not to steal your thread but this must be the month for finding cool 20" tankers...found this Chain Bicycle Co. built Ross Thunder Jet in Jefferson City,MO. last week...notice the red painted rims,cool little "kick out" dog leg crank & hard sidewalk tires...

Thanx for letting me share rarebmx...Pappy 8)

rarebmx said:
Just picked up from Estate Sale. Never heard of a Fox, also had a 26" girls but no room for it. So the 20" is original paint red/white & truss forks. Looking closer at this bike I think it might be Huffy or Murray made but not as old as first thought. It looks to have pressed welds on the rear dropouts and the forks look Huffy/Murray to me.... ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT???
I am a BMX/Muscle Bike collector. I would love to know more about it please. I found another one a couple years ago and ended up selling it but regretting letting it go. I really didn't know how few 20" Horn tanks were around. Anyone have the rear rack, headlight and chain guard?
PICTURES

20130814_091547_zps3ea1a181.jpg

Kind of reminds me of the Shelby bikes a little. :D

Rob delivered this bike today. Found the serial number and it is a Shelby. I feel it is after AMF Roadmaster bought them out due to the AMF fork. 8)

Latest posts

Back