Hurricane Ian

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin B

Bicycle Demolitionist
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how much longer I'll be online guys. In the graphic I am just to the right of the "l" in the name Cape Coral. That puts me about 25 miles inland in suburban/rural Lee county. This could get ugly. We're prayed up and shuttered up with storm shutters. Landfall is supposed to be anywhere from us to Sarasota. Thanks for your prayers.
FdspQtZVsAARaKW.jpeg

Not sure how much longer I'll be online guys. In the graphic I am just to the right of the "l" in the name Cape Coral. That puts me about 25 miles inland in suburban/rural Lee county. This could get ugly. We're prayed up and shuttered up with storm shutters. Landfall is supposed to be anywhere from us to Sarasota. Thanks for your prayers.
View attachment 210889
You take care down there. All of you

Thanks. They called for the evacuation of our gulf islands earlier today. When it was headed to Tampa we were supposed to be safe. With every new update the projected landfall drops down to the east closer to us.

Thanks. They called for the evacuation of our gulf islands earlier today. When it was headed to Tampa we were supposed to be safe. With every new update the projected landfall drops down to the east closer to us.
Hopefully it will weaken if some of the models are correct

Our daughter is out in Four Corners area so my wife is watching it closely and hoping for the best

It’s 5:30 AM in Florida and it’s looking pretty bad there on the news. 140 mile an hour winds making landfall.

Kevin, I hope you guys have a storm shelter and a good sump pump.

Storm surge is coinciding with high tide at our beaches and coasts later. Their saying that is the worst possible scenario. Their looking at a +9' surge. Those areas are under a mandatory evacuation but local news shows some trying to ride it out in bars!😮

The dogs and I rode out a tornado a few years back. That kinda sucked but it was over in minutes and there was no flooding. I can't even imagine riding out a hurricaine.

Be safe!

Important developments, storm surge prediction for this county updated to 12' to 18'. It was 9'+.
Looks like it definitely shifted towards a more easterly direction. Now they're saying it should pass Southeast of Orlando which is a pretty drastic swing from what they were predicting earlier in the week with it hitting Tallahassee. Meteorology The imperfect science

Hang in there. Been watching every update from the NHC as well. It keeps shifting South and East. I think that is mostly due to the cold front coming over from Alabama. It's looking like our area up here will get the tropical depression remnants in a day or two. But it is looking like you are right in the crosshairs of landfall soon. Prayers are with you to ride through this safely.

If you all have ever been to Ft. Myers Beach, the main road, Estero Blvd. has over 4' of water over it. It is being reported that water covers the barrier islands surfaces of this county completely. That gets worse when the storm laps around. That will be at high tide this pm. The east side of the main storm is just getting to us. I imagine will be losing power soon. Thank you everyone for your well wishes and prayers.

If you all have ever been to Ft. Myers Beach, the main road, Estero Blvd. has over 4' of water over it. It is being reported that water covers the barrier islands surfaces of this county completely. That gets worse when the storm laps around. That will be at high tide this pm. The east side of the main storm is just getting to us. I imagine will be losing power soon. Thank you everyone for your well wishes and prayers.

Hope the worst is past you by now and that you made it through with no bad damage so far. It looks like the wind driven storm surge did a number on Naples and Fort Myers. Stay safe!

Latest posts

Back