I bet this guy is mad?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2manybikes said:
I was watching that one. Something smells a little fishy to me though 8)
I was shocked. I emailed the guy and offered him $150 plus ship and he turned me down of course. The week before one sold for $180 but it didn't have original paint. Fishy for sure.

This looks like a classic case of shill bidding. Next, the seller will contact the 2nd place bidder with a story how the winner didn't have the money...blah, blah, and he'll offer it to the 2nd bidder for *only* $500. This guy needs turned in to ebay. Gary

according to the bidding, their were 2 people that bid over $1000. the next lowest was around $300. I have sold very Clean and Rare items for 5-10 times the actual value (not bike related), all it takes is 2 people that really want it. I think it was a legit auction with 2 people that have more money than brains, that have a bike that is only missing the tank. Try to find another in that condition. That is another reason that ebay is so great for sellers

That's way too much for a 50's tank. Some of the prewar straighbars don't even get a third of that. Is in nice shape, but I doubt that would push it that high....

It could have been 2 shill Bidders working together, I guess anything is possible when scammers are at work

Ive been watching straightbar tanks for a while on ebay, most nicer original paint tanks seems to go for the $300 ball park. $1000.00 seems like either shill bidding or bidders messing with the guy.

What would you guys be willing to pay for a faithful fiberglass replica?

With paint: $ ?

Without paint: $ ?

I can supply them.

Latest posts

Back