I feel like such an idiot!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, my 3 year old son and I head out to participate in a local parade in our 1937 Chrysler Airflow. We're running late and I don't stop to get gas, eventhough that gas indicator shows about a 1/4 of a tank. We get there and park. As soon as the parade starts, we get about half a block down, luckily before the actual parade route starts, and the car dies. I try to restart it and nothing. Turns out I ran out of gas. What an idiot!

Luckily the street is sloped on both sides and I was able to push the car out of the way and parked it. Ironically, I ran out of gas about 500 feet from a gas station. I have three gas cans at home and never bring any of them with me. I ended up buying a gallon can and my first gallon at the station and went back again to get a second gallon, because one gallon wasn't enough. Once the two gallons were in, the car fired right up. Too bad that the parade had ended by the time I got the car started. The good thing is that we got to watch the parade from a good spot, inside our car. Although I may have been slightly disappointed that we didn't get to be in the parade, we had a great time watching it together.

hey at least the parade will be memorable.

" remember back in 2009 when dad ran out of gas in the parade? " :)

Latest posts

Back