I Like This - Especially the Seat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin B

Bicycle Demolitionist
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out this bike. Anyone know what seat it is?
IMG_5845.jpg

I would say it’s a custom unit. It’s too small to have come from a motorcycle, unless it was reworked. My immediate guess is that someone is a composite bodyworks builder. I could post an “all you have to do is...” sentence, but that would absolutely SPOIL the beauty contained in this photo.

I found it by searching "cafe racer bicycle." There are a couple more that came up, a Brumos Porsche tribute and a Gulf (Steve McQueen) tribute that I have seen on here before.

Last edited:
I would definitely say custom as a motorcycle seat is considerably wider. It would be much easier to make a new piece than try to rework an existing piece. They did a superb job.

Thanks for the insight. The seat is beyond my skill level but I sure appreciate it.
It wouldn’t be as hard as it looks. You could buy a cafe seat from Amazon, work up all of how to adapt it, then make a plug and build it yourself. It would take patience, but it could be done.

You could start with a generic cafe seat for a motorcycle and chop it down and narrow it. They also make cafe seats for Groms that are way small.

Personally I'd just get some floral foam and start shaping. Then it's just fiberglass, resin, Bondo, and dust :thumbsup:

I've made a few custom tails that way with good results. The limit is your imagination

5ix3tDr_d~2.jpg

Latest posts

Back