I love off road Cruisers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been totally obsessed with the idea of having a Cruiser style bike that I can rock off road with. This led to my purchase last year of a Schwinn Panther from somewhere in the 2000's. It came with an aluminum frame and mountain bike geometry but the looks of a classic. What else do you need? Anyways, I will let the pics speak for themselves. I am attempting to sell it right now per the boss's request but I really will not be too sad if it doesn't sell. If it does fully expect a more traditional Klunker type build with some modern goodies thrown in for fun. Who else rides off road with their cruiser?

IMG_2883.jpg

IMG_2886.jpg

DON;T DO IT! I have one of these bikes, they are hard to find. I'd consider it irreplaceable. Mine is my hot rod cruiser. Easier to replace or reprogram the boss. Good Luck with that. Keep the bike.

Doncolberto530 said:
I have been totally obsessed with the idea of having a Cruiser style bike that I can rock off road with. This led to my purchase last year of a Schwinn Panther from somewhere in the 2000's. It came with an aluminum frame and mountain bike geometry but the looks of a classic. What else do you need? Anyways, I will let the pics speak for themselves. I am attempting to sell it right now per the boss's request but I really will not be too sad if it doesn't sell. If it does fully expect a more traditional Klunker type build with some modern goodies thrown in for fun. Who else rides off road with their cruiser?

IMG_2883.jpg

IMG_2886.jpg
yes!!!!

I built my Mongoose Zuma cruiser for off road use like your Schwinn. They ride nice but don't climb that well. Other than the climbing, its a good trail bike.

I just bought an old DX frame; hadn't realized that someone had spread the rear end ... to 135mm. :shock: I'm thinking about either selling this thing (too few compat rear hubs at 135mm with a coaster- or drum-brake)or doing a proper klunker with it. Can't quite wrap my mind around the whole situation..................

but, yeah, i like the other bikes on this thread, so maybe i will have a go. If I do, I reckon i might have to get one of the sturmey-archer cassette hubs with the drum brake, and a axle-mounted derailer hanger. I just think i might be better off cutting my losses...a build like that could get expensive/frustrating.

-rob

Bicycle808- That is the setup on the rear of my Zuma - Nexus cassette hub with roller brake and axle mounted derailleur. I have an Arai drum brake on the front. I have been very happy with the drums.

Latest posts

Back