I suppose its about time! - My intro from Mesa AZ.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I'm greezy1 - aka MIKE

After lurking around for months I finally realize I may as well do my intro since this is no short term temporary interest or hobby anymore this has become a full blown addiction!!

I always had bikes as a kid but really didn't have any interest in them as an adult untill the last year or so. I have always worked on classic cars - and motorcycles so the transition is almost natural. Especially since I love ratrod cars and actually spent the last couple years working in in a place where thats prety much all we did was rats from the 50's.

Being new to Arizona in the last year I was blown away by how much interest there was in cruisers and old vinatge bikes. With all ages. It probably has alot to do with the weather - you can ride all year - and its nice and flat everywhere! so single speed is all good.

After looking for a new hobby out here since I can no longer afford to rebuild cars with the economy etc these bikes out here that are available everywhere and have no rust etc are right up my alley!

I actually have to give credit and thanks to "PETROHEAD" who turned me on to this site a few months ago when I didn't even know it existed. He sold me a nicer old womens bike for a real good deal and was really helpfull and patient explaining alot of questions I had.

It was actually seeing his personal collection of bikes that sparked the serious interest in me.
Now looking back that was actually the first vintage bike I had. WOW.......

Now lets just say its pretty ridiculous - I have a bunch to say the least.

But I've found a hobby that I am obsessed with. I love finding the bikes. I love tearing them down and rebuilding them - I even love just looking at everyones bikes on here and dreaming and scheming of what my next project will be.

I gotta say to that I am impressed with the people on here. What a cool group of guys! and gals I should say too - But these guys are always ready to help with advice etc. And it seems like its because they really want to help not play no it all. The group of people on here seem different from the car forums and others I have seen but never joined. Its a very eclectic group with a wealth of knowledge and resources. Not just on bikes but fabricating - painting - just about anything.

I also like how most prices that stuff is sold for on here is good guy price. Like what you would charge a friend of yours to not necessarily make a bunch of money on but to hook em up and help him out. I have already found this myself on here. A couple times someones sold me something and it was a great deal- I have to thank them.

Anyways - I can't say how glad I am to find this site! I can't even imagine not having it. And thats just after a short time. I will have to dig out a camera and load up some pictures of my bikes and projects as I go. Unfortunately of all the things I can do computers is not one of the big ones. I'm even now just learning how to do most simple things on a computer. I'd much rather be working in the garage -

I'd really be interested to know who all lives by me in this phoenix area????

I've been keeping my eyes peeled to find out. I'd really like to meet some of these guys since we have the same interests and I'm sure they know alot more than I do. I know I will have alot of questions etc so if you live out this way please let me know - I'd love to meet sometime and or maybe you can tell me better whats going on in this area. Like events clubs all that.. With being pretty new to the area I don't know many people.

Thanks for your time - and I look forward to having more of a presence on the site.

Thanks again to PETROHEAD - (seeing your bikes killed me) and to RATROD for having the site. I know you must have a ton of time in this site and its not like its making you rich or anything so good looking out! Plus your signature rocks!!!

Thanks to all of you -

~MIKE~

Latest posts

Back