"I Think I Smell a Rat" by the White Stripes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The red really makes the bike jump! I love the way the paint job gives the bike a forward motion ....EVEN WITHOUT TIRES AND WHEELS! :shock: Can't wait to see it completed.
Thanks.

more progress pics there are some lots of other things gonna happen to this yet so hold on to yer britches :)
P2280005.jpg

P2280006.jpg

P2280008.jpg

that paint looks mighty nice, hooch. That is one sweet looking bike so far, it looks just plain fast. I can't wait to see what will become of that trailer spring.

"Rosemary" is looking good there Hooch,

Tell us more about those stencils - are they from restoreclassicbicycles.com? or elsewhere?

-Mp

amazing work bro, thats what its all about right there! i have a similar front end on a gravity speed bike im working on, the triple tree legs are red, the frame is black and how cool would it look if i did a paint job similar to yours to blend the two together! this is the best site ever! fast eddie outty

this is what I bought off ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0079766075
it says it is right for a straightbar deluxe too but the set on the middle bar I had to modify to get them more correct. they are a bit tricky getting on straight because it wraps around a pipe but for what I was doing the price was right and it worked pretty good. I wish I would have had a scanner and scanned them to make my own later lol

i used to work at a custom motorcycle shop and we had a vinyl sticker plotting/cutting machine there that we used for mask offs and the like. it ran on a windows machine. i'll look up some old paperwork and see what machine we used. i know it was a bit expensive but not if you can use it. it was invaluable to us. we also paid for part of the cost by making those calvin stickers and the like for peoples cars.....ill get back to you on this.

I have always wanted one of them I worked in the printing industry 17 years before I had to give it up for my health and since then have wanted to get in the sign making biz.. small time but creative out of the home stuff

Hooch!! I love it! I love the whole thing! I dig paint scheme, I dig the frontend & bars. I love those tires! the compilation of parts is very nostalgic. very kool bike!

ok mr indecisive struck again lol but the chrome wheels just were looking too plain and I was abit apprehensive on relacing wheels because I haven't done it before.... I have overhauled atleast 20 car engines .. rebuilt transmissions.. rebuilt 100s of lawnmower engines but the thought of lacing a wheel scares me lol but! Im gonna do it! so back to the nexus 4 speed and alloy wheels
I gut off a chunk of old handlebars to shim the shifter then added cable clamps from an old raliegh to tidy the cables up
shifter.jpg

wheels.jpg

ehh any thing with gears i break, thats why all my bikes have fixed gears. I had a mountain bike 4 1 day i took it through the trails and broke somthin, i put a bendex redline rim on it lol. i had a schwinn latour i broke the derailer and sold it 2 my uncle for 10 bucks. I hate gears.

internal hubs are your friend rick. gears are great when you get older like me :mrgreen: never would have thought i would want gears on my urban assault mountian bike always ran it 1 speed. then my buddies got me to change it to 9 speed and what a difference. and it is le tour there buuuudddyyy.

Latest posts

Back