I was REEEEEEALY trying to not buy another bike , but this one was to good to ignore!! Malvern Star "New Look"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was REEEEEEALY trying to not buy another bike , but this one was to good to ignore!! Malvern Star "New Look" from 1948...
I have wanted one of these Streamlined bikes for a few years... they were made in Austraila and are hard to find outside Ozzie, but one turned up in New Zealand and I snapped it up! It will go well with my CCM Flyte bikes and the Hercules Royal Imperial "triple tube" as a collection of oddball bikes...
1742624015.jpg
1742624034.jpg
1742624275.jpg
1742624073.jpg
1742623996.jpg
1950 Malvern Star ‘Streamlyne’.jpg

Looking for an original chain guard also... anyone have contacts in Ozzie that might help???

When I saw the one in the advertisement I thought that it must be done with metal but I can see now that it’s probably clothesline. The ones that were crocheted in lovely colors were quite attractive but I can’t imagine how you keep them clean.

Also it appears in the advertisement that this bicycle came with a pump attached to the seat post.

It arrived!!
20220516_172601.jpg
20220516_172802.jpg
20220516_185325.jpg
20220516_185351.jpg

When I saw the one in the advertisement I thought that it must be done with metal but I can see now that it’s probably clothesline. The ones that were crocheted in lovely colors were quite attractive but I can’t imagine how you keep them clean.

Also it appears in the advertisement that this bicycle came with a pump attached to the seat post.
Be cool if someone did one with paracord that has that reflective strands woven into it. Hmm.....

I just keep coming back and back to look at this bike. The details are so amazing.

I can’t figure out the seat in the advertisement though. How come it’s not red to match the grips? It looks like alligator hide or something . . . I don’t know.

Latest posts

Back