Identification help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently looking at a vintage BMX over here in Germany but cant seem to find out who made it or the year. Any info on this bike would be appreciated. It looks like it has all the original parts.
bmx.jpg

Attachments

• bmx.jpg
    bmx.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 47
Hmmm, that's a really unusual stem, and the gussets are pretty unique too. Might help with identification. Not sure you have all the original parts, looks like something is missing from that bracket sticking up from the seat stay.
Possibly a PMX?
https://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/pmx/50614/3
I noticed that funky bracket on the rear stay not sure what it would go to. the link you sent looks close but the bike has a looped rear triangle. Im picking it up this evening hopefully I can find something to identify what it is.

This was a low end warehouse "jump-the-hype" production, I also had one at one point. It wasn't Woolworth since they had "Prophete" as a brand, but something similar. Everything is basically pressed sheet-metal and the very german road safety generator mount :) Still a cool thing and time-capsule survivor! :) Year is around 1982.

Latest posts

Back