Indian Board Track Racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stocksucks said:
Lookin really good.
I'll sure keep an eye on this one.
Keep it up.

Thanks for encouragement. Its coming along, but you know how it is one step forward, two steps back. Cant wait to ride it though!

I agree, id love to see this beauty finished. I havent been on this forum for a while but am really impressed with your build.

Ive got a couple of questions for you, where did you get those lugs from, they are pretty cool.

Ive also been thinking id like to learn how to braze, im also from Brisbane, where did you do your course? How much was it and how long did it take?

If you finish your bike by around August you should take your bike to "Greazefest 2012" which is a ratrod culture style show at the Rocklea showgrounds and has a "King Lowrider" section which is bicycles, i think they would get a big kick out of your bike. Ill be taking my bikes this year and would love to see your Indian in person.

harry76 said:
I agree, id love to see this beauty finished. I havent been on this forum for a while but am really impressed with your build.

Ive got a couple of questions for you, where did you get those lugs from, they are pretty cool.

Ive also been thinking id like to learn how to braze, im also from Brisbane, where did you do your course? How much was it and how long did it take?

If you finish your bike by around August you should take your bike to "Greazefest 2012" which is a ratrod culture style show at the Rocklea showgrounds and has a "King Lowrider" section which is bicycles, i think they would get a big kick out of your bike. Ill be taking my bikes this year and would love to see your Indian in person.

Hey mate. I did my brazing course at Brackenridge TAFE. It is one of the modules that they do as part of their bicycle frame building course. I didn't do the whole course but I sent an email to the teacher and asked to just do the brazing part. Im sure you could do the same and they would be willing to accommodate you. When I did the brazing it was at the same time they were doing a pennyfathing building course, which was pretty cool to watch at the same time. I went three fridays in a row for the full day and it only set me back 60 bucks, well worth it! Just look up the skills tech website and I'm sure you will find all the info on there otherwise just give them a call. Its a great little course and I learnt heaps but its just practice, practice and more practice.

Will be hitting up greasefest for sure this year! Thanks for the heads up, hopefully the bike is done by then otherwise I might just bring the rat fink along!

Thanks for checking my build out!

I bought my lugs from a local bike builder. Here is his site http://www.llewellynbikes.com/
He basically works from his garage under the house at everton park but he is unreal at what he does and his bikes look unreal. I got my set of lugs of him for around 70 bucks from what I remember. Check him out mate! Pretty much the only person I could find locally that was selling them. He also designs his own and has them made up but they cost a heck of a lot more.

kellis83 said:
stocksucks said:
Lookin really good.
Keep it up.

Thanks for encouragement. Its coming along, but you know how it is one step forward, two steps back. Cant wait to ride it though!

What engine are you planning to use?

I been wanting to do something similar to this for more than a year now, but I just can´t get it started. Shame on me!
But I´d like to thank you for reminding me it´s possible and at the same time congratulate you for the work yo´ve been doing, it´s just amazing, can´t wait to see more!

stocksucks said:
kellis83 said:
stocksucks said:
Lookin really good.
Keep it up.

What engine are you planning to use?

Im not planning on putting an engine in this, I would love to but unfortunately there would be nowhere for me to ride it here legally. The cops give out a nice little fine for bicycles with motors, so I'm just going to keep it as a nice peddler.

Gdcast said:
I been wanting to do something similar to this for more than a year now, but I just can´t get it started. Shame on me!
But I´d like to thank you for reminding me it´s possible and at the same time congratulate you for the work yo´ve been doing, it´s just amazing, can´t wait to see more!

Thanks for checking my build out mate. Get stuck into yours, you will love it. It is possible even though you might think or be told it isn't at times. Good luck with it.

Thanks to you for the inspiration and kind words! I hope I can get the time needed to start my build.
Keep up the good work!

Thanks very much for the kind comments guys! It's not quite from scratch, if it wasn't for the rear triangle it guess it would but I am trying to do as much as possible myself. Cant wait to ride this thing.

Thanks again for the comments guys! It really gives me a push along to get this thing done. Thanks for checking out my build.

I have been pretty slack with the updates on the build but I have been busy finishing brazing and filing up the tank. Hopefully the frame and the tank are finished this weekend and it can all be sent of for powder coating.
Here are a few photos of a trial fit of the tank while I was working on it. I only really fit it to give myself a break from the filing and grinding :?
DSCN0099.jpg

DSCN0100.jpg

DSCN0101.jpg

Latest posts

Back