Indian Board Track Racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given your impressive skills, I think you could
make a decent looking fake motor.

Make the head removable and put a large wound-up
elastic band inside, so if the cops hassle you, you can
lift the head and have a good laugh.

Thanks as always for the kind words guys. Im glad you are still interested in my build.

All of my parts are now off at the powdercoater getting all pretty while I am off holidaying in Japan. Hopefully it is all ready and assembled in a few weeks for the built in brisbane show here. My saddle is also with a guy who reupholsters bicycle saddles. His name in Mick Peel but runs by the name of Busyman. He is based in melbourne, victoria but does saddles for people all around the globe. Make sure you check out his amazing work at http://busymanbicycles.blogspot.jp/

I just received an email from Busyman bicycle with a photo of my finished saddle. Mick did an amazing job covering it for me and now I can't wait to get it back in my hands to check it out first hand. See how he even put an impression of 'Indian' on both flaps on the side. I love the type of leather he has used, the wrinkles really give it that worn/antique look. Awesome work Mick, thanks!
1finishedsaddle.jpg

ruddigger said:
That saddle looks impressive. And expensive.

The saddle wasn't to expensive as I built it from scratch with fiberglass, it just took some time and effort. This style of saddle isn't available anymore so I had to do it myself. Busyman charges a very fair rate for upholstery considering the quality of his work and not too many people around having his skills I think.

The saddle looks amazing, I can't wait to see it with the rest of the bike complete.

Looking great, neat reproduction. saddle looks super as does framework, tank and the whole bike.

I hope you know to be VERY careful using heat around that galvanized steel. The vapors given off are poisonous and can make you real sick or even kill you. I am surprised nobody else has said anything so far!

That being said, you are doing some amazing work here. I just stare in envy at your photos. Keep up the GREAT work!

Great Work!!! 8) :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back