Indian Board Track Racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the build is complete. I ran into a few issues over the last few weeks. My bare metal frame went into the powdercoaters to become red, along with someone else's yellow frame which was to become back. It turns out the guys at the powdercoaters were easily confused and my frame ended up black while the other frame ended up red.

Im just uploading all the photos I have now so pictures will be up shortly.

DSCN0767.jpg

Throwing the handlebars and stem on
DSCN0771.jpg

DSCN0777.jpg

Wheels and seat on.
DSCN0766.jpg

Gluing on the Indian head badge I made.
DSCN0765.jpg

char said:
Were the frames the same? How did they get them mixed up? Looking forward to seeing the pictures. I think your doing an awesome job, keep it up!

The two frames were completely different, mine having the drop loop and the middle bar and the other being a road bike frame. I highly doubt anybody from this place would mix them up but obviously the powdercoaters are not as mad on bikes as we are. I was so fed up with them that I took my forks and tank elsewhere.

DSCN0785.jpg

Trail fitting the tank
DSCN0786.jpg

I didn't get any photos of me applying the Indian decals to the tank, I was too busy holding my breath hoping it would go on nicely. I think they came up great without any bubbles at all.

IMG_0241.jpg

A big thanks to my dad for helping out with all the polishing he did on the metal parts while I was away on holidays.

Last sunday was a bicycle show in my town called Pushies Galore where everyone who was interested would bring their ride for a swap and shine/show at the Holland park bowls club. This was the goal date for the completion of my build. The day before saw some tense moments and it almost didn't happen. The bottom bracket thread had to be recut with a tap, I had previously had the BB bearing cups installed prior to powder coating and I had masked the thread up but something went wrong. I spent the morning driving around with my mate to a few bicycle shops until we found one with a british tap. Thinking all was good I went home and fit the cranks only to find out they were hitting the frame as they were turned. Another visit to the bicycle yard at bicycle revolution I picked up a longer axle which solved all of the problems.
Pushies Galore was a great day out and was fun to check out all the different rides. I was so busy walking around I didn't get to many pictures of my own ride but heres a few.
IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

ScreenShot2012-07-23at12317PM.png

ScreenShot2012-07-23at12337PM.png

That turned out awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely love the seat, and the whole bike looks great. You really nailed the look.

I was hoping to see this bike at Greazefest, i took my boardtracker motorized bike and it was a great day. Your bike would have been a hit. Are you taking it to any other shows?

Hey, Thats freeking cool! I wish i had the tool and skills to do it , i dreamed of creating a replica of the 1914Cyclone
Btw.. Nice to see my 3d model helped you out , if you folowed it right it should be close to the real thing since it was one of my most accurate models.
keep up the good work!

Absolutely gorgeous & amazing fabrication job on everything!!!!!!!! Congrats on one of the coolest builds I've seen.

There's many, many beautiful bikes on this forum and every one I look at I take inspiration from. But I have to say this, with being very new to this rat rod scene and only joining the forum recently..THIS bike was THE reason I started my own build. I love looking at it! Fantastic work! I hope it brings you loads of pleasure to ride :D

Will

The newer styles of kick bicycles are quiet eye-catching with compatible wheels, comfortable brake and less slippery grip. These can easily be brought inside your house. Also you can take it anywhere without headache.
bicycle shops grand rapids

Latest posts

Back