Interstate Cafe Racer *updated new pics in the OP 6-1

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
doin a build for a buddy's business called the Interstate Cafe in Denver CO.
I know a popular approach on the forum is to do a boardtracker but im goin a slightly more british approach and doin a Cafe style

I started with a Huffy Nel Lusso 26 inch cruiser which is the same as the panama jack just without the silly labels

i stripped it down first thing and started making filler panels for the front and rear assembly

the fronts are cut from sheet metal and i did the rears from fiberglass so i could get some compound curves in the panels

heres the progress so far

SN850287.jpg

SN850291.jpg

SN850292.jpg

SN850293.jpg

SN850295.jpg

SN850296.jpg

SN850297.jpg

SN850298.jpg

update 5-28
2011-05-28181118.jpg

2011-05-28181103.jpg

2011-05-28181129.jpg

2011-05-28181140.jpg

update 6-1 stance mock up
SN850335.jpg

SN850336.jpg

Re: Interstate Cafe Racer

Sinner4 said:
Is that rear rack stock?

Yup. Those are the stock built on racks on the Huffy models. They're really a nice feature/style. They actually have a rear section that slides out to extend the tray on them.

I'm not sure what your plans are but that rack would be a great place to put a long seat to get the cafe racer look. It would set it back and give it style. Just and idea.

Motopecane said:
I'm not sure what your plans are but that rack would be a great place to put a long seat to get the cafe racer look. It would set it back and give it style. Just and idea.
haha youre reading my mind. dont spoil all my surprises! haha its really solidly mounted up there, i took the seat off and sat on the rack and rode around its accually pretty comfy especially for a bigger person.

A new build to follow with great interest! :D You're off to a good start, I look forward to seeing the end result and all the steps on the way.

Galtbacken said:
A new build to follow with great interest! :D You're off to a good start, I look forward to seeing the end result and all the steps on the way.
thanks im hoping to get the front tank plates mounted later today

haha whoops I guess great minds think alike. I'll keep any other ideas I have to myself. I will be checking in later today to see those tank plates!

Re: Interstate Cafe Racer *updated new pics in the OP 11-11

I've had a cafe build rattlin' around in my brain for a while now, and I'm really looking forward to seeing where this thing is going. I'm already checking pricing on these bikes... good deal. Oh yeah - hurry up!

EDIT: Forgot to ask: Is that fork 1" or 1-1/8"?

vanilla_gorilla said:
dunno not using it haha, ill measure it up later

Yeah - I wouldn't use it either. My thoughts were running more toward what I could use to replace it, were I to build one, myself.

Gonna be a sweet one! Great frame too! Instant classic huffy came out with.

ms paint ftw! haha :mrgreen:
your not the only one with ideas on a cafe racer :wink:
looks like its gunna be a sweet build good luck!

Latest posts

Back