is a black helmet hot?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never worn a helmet on a bicycle. i'm thinking of doing a labor day ride where a nelmet is required. a black one would be my first choice, just to kind of be universal with all my bikes, but has anyone noticed if it seems hotter wearing one compared to a lighter color? thanks.

no, at least not to me. been wearing black helmets for 45 yrs and in temp of 113 degrees. never bother me.

Outlaw

as long as you are moving and air is flowing over the vents - shouldn't matter.

If you are sitting still, probably the same as a black colored cap.

i think helmet-head heating is mostly from the inside out- your're wearing a little insulated cooler on your noggin (albeit a high tech vented one). i've never felt it was akin to wearing something like a hard hat where color can indeed be very noticeable..... :D

Bendix said:
i think helmet-head heating is mostly from the inside out- your're wearing a little insulated cooler on your noggin (albeit a high tech vented one). i've never felt it was akin to wearing something like a hard hat where color can indeed be very noticeable..... :D

yup! seems they have enough styro-foam in em it doesn't transfer the heat to your head..

Latest posts

Back