Is this an AMF Roadmaster Sky King Bicycle Frame?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I believe this is an AMF Roadmaster Sky King bicycle frame. Am I right? If so, do you think a bicycle in this condition is restorable or should I just throw it in the dumpster?

Thanks,
Eddie

Attachments

• bike_1.jpg
    bike_1.jpg
    732 KB · Views: 72
  • bike_2.jpg
    bike_2.jpg
    756.9 KB · Views: 69
  • bike_3.jpg
    bike_3.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
AMF or Cleveland Welding Company. (AMF bought them out 1950)
This site isn't strictly speaking about "restoration", but it could easily be rebuilt with common parts. Browse the forums to get a handle on what we do here. If you aren't into old bikes, you could likely get some cash for it in the for sale section here, or a site called "The Cabe". It would be a real shame to throw it away.

"L" is 1961. A 60 year old American made frame (Arkansas). Huffy chain wheel. The model name is unknown unless you have the chain guard that would show the name. The frame is the same on many different models back then. I had a Silver Flyer from way back when. Same frame. I added the rest, all 26" beach cruiser parts fit right on. I would check it to see how bad the rust was and probably use that frame to make a decent cruiser, but not a restoration project. A mint condition AMF bike won't bring in enough money to make it worth your while. It would be better than most any cruiser you could buy for under 200 bucks.

Thanks for all of the information! I will post the bicycle in the "For Sale" section. Maybe someone can do something with it.

Thanks Again!
Eddie

Latest posts

Back