BO15 ITZARAT - 1928 Schwinn Motorbike (WALK-AROUND + RIDE VIDEO!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A while back I ordered some aluminum Blunt 35's as they closely resemble the profile of the pre-'33 clad wooden wheels. Just got them back from the sand blaster, next move is to send them to the powder coater.

Will do a two-tone creamy yellow and blue which matches the CA license plate. Will ad some gold pins and some real rust and then back to the powder coater for a clear coat and then I will lace them up. Getting closer...

IMG_2701.jpg

IMG_2702.jpg

IMG_2703.jpg

Ordered this slick little cable pulley from a local shop and picked it up today. This allows the bare cable from the shifter to pivot to the Nexus in a manner reminiscent of the early prewar New Departure 2-speeds and others. Keeps the cable nice and neat while under tension. I like it for the pure mechanical aspects of it. Made by "Problem Solvers", they have a few other parts that can get you out of a bind.

IMG_2765.jpg

IMG_2766.jpg

IMG_2767.jpg

Did I miss something?
Are you using an hand buzzer as a light switch?

1594604759862.png

1594604802895.png

Did I miss something?
Are you using an hand buzzer as a light switch?

Nice! I have seen you are a man who creatively uses everyday items for custom builds... Either you are very perceptive or you have a few hand buzzers in a drawer yourself!
No, the re-pop battery can I'm using is very nice in all respects except for the switch you pointed out. It is thin pressed steel and I am afraid the detent will wear out in a short period, it just feels cheesy so I am going to use this switch instead...

IMG_2788.jpg

Cool. That is much more high tech than a hand buzzer for sure.

Rims came back from the powder coater today, went with colors that tie in to the license plate. I will add gold or maybe some other color pinstripes to them after they are laced up, as it might be easier to pinstripe them as they spin on a truing stand.

IMG_2800.jpg

IMG_2797.jpg

IMG_2799.jpg

I finally did a quick check for any color differences between the tires and the grips... Not bad. I'm sure everyone can appreciate it when the carpet matches the drapes.

IMG_2810.jpg

JP might have missed the humor . Not sure.
I think he saw it, I think he likes hardwood floors! (just another term maybe...)

Man, those are Mr. Clean white right there.

Latest posts

Back