jaws

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool. Just using a rotary engraver, kinda like a Dremel tool?
Screenshot_20210512-203447_Chrome.jpg
just this cheap one from harbor freight.

So, you could practice this on another piece, but I could see taking some acrylic paint on a rag, or ink or stain, and rubbing it over the engraved surface, and then a light wipe over to clean off the top 'relief' of the etching, leaving the color in the creases.

So, you could practice this on another piece, but I could see taking some acrylic paint on a rag, or ink or stain, and rubbing it over the engraved surface, and then a light wipe over to clean off the top 'relief' of the etching, leaving the color in the creases.
Thats a good idea. I wanted to get more depth into it but I think with this cheap engraver, that's about all I'm gonna get. The paint could work to increase the contrast tho. Thanks!

Jaws would approve of your headbadge!

1620874038171.png

You definitely have the stance nailed with that combo so far!
Looks great!

@Junkyard_johnny , talk to sly Ian ( @ifitsfreeitsforme ) who commented on grips above. He makes some awesome grips in coke bottle or ball end. I've used his on a number of my builds. He has a clay colored set as well, might work well with your saddle.

omhfinalpic.jpg

desertratfinal.jpg

Really like those tires on there! And that big spring saddle fits the 'beefy build' look as well. Some bear trap style pedals would look good on here.

I have two pair on my parts shelf. I'd be willing to part with a pair if you are interested. They are both for 1/2" threaded crank, which it looks like you have on there. Let me know.

187955402_1008968672967644_1951182096753898665_n.jpg

186493122_3994106374010253_1213820882211371048_n.jpg

How is the Land Shark coming along?

I think those may be the same pedals that @Skydreamer just got.

Latest posts

Back