JC Jalopy.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSG

Reaction score
I did this one up aiming for a "period correct" feel. Including paint and the seat the budget for the rebuild came to about $30. It started out as this.
S0qvPY1.jpg

I tore it all the way down, refinished the frame and painted the rims, then greased and assembled it. I added a long spring saddle, a tractor headlight and a set of dirty all white tires to top it all off. Its a blast to ride. Finished:

6QkwIPX.jpg

XCZRomP.jpg

The build thread can be seen here http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=16463&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Last edited:
bike looks really sweet! :mrgreen: thats the same frame/fork combo,that i originally planned to use,before finding out the fork was bent! :x take some more pics and show that bad boy off! :D

Sweet bike! Nice match on the rims!! How is the skip tooth treating you? Are you using the original chain? Is it stiff at all?

Thanks for the compliments. The skip-tooth setup works well. As far as I know the chain is original. What I do is stick it in a plastic bag and spray it with teflon white lithium grease and let it soak for a few days. Then pull it out and wipe it down real well with a rag. The grease is kind of sticky so it doesn't fling everywhere or drip like motor oil. You might want to avoid wearing your good pants while riding though :wink: I'll try to add a few more pictures when it stops raining.

i'm gonna plant ya now and dig ya later.

that's my beatnik way of sayin' i like the heck outta that bike.

Cool bike. Love the big old headlight. Is it original with the bike? If not I would love getting one.

The light is from a tractor, not sure what brand. It's 4 1/2 diameter and 3" deep with a General Electric 6v sealed beam bulb. They're easy to find, try flea markets, etc.

Latest posts

Back