Jenna Saykwa Longbike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New name Jenna Saykwa (Flat Top Cruiser)

That is comming together Sooo Nice. It beats the Africa bikes that ar sold not sure I have that name right.

That sure is a pretty bike.

Didn't have much time today but managed to re-install the crank, chain and front brake.

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

Re: Flat Top Cruiser

xddorox said:
Dr. Tankenstein said:
Gerry,
You could give that white tape a tea-stain or even give it a used motor oil rub down to get the look you're going after. If you use tea, you could clear coat it to prevent getting a funk build-up on it.
Love the build so far.
Keep it up!

Dr. T
Thanks Bro. I tried the tea thing already and it's not conclusive at all. It barely stained the tape. My next attempt will be with wood stain. Keep posted. :)

Instant coffee works really well as a stepped up version of tea-staining.

Re: Jenna Saykwa (Flat Top Cruiser)

"I tried the tea thing already and it's not conclusive at all. It barely stained the tape."
Find a diesel to work on, then handle the stays before cleaning up. :lol:

Dude, that's sweet! This bike just keeps on getting better... nice work, man.

looks awesome! i love it.

ya know what they say, great minds think alike and fools seldom differ. :lol:

i also picked up a 3 way light up toggle switch with the cover. unfortunatly i'm having nothing but problems wiring it up. :( (blue led in the switch, dims my red led drasticly)

just loving every minute of this build. its friggin awesome!
btw, now ya need to take it all apart and pinstripe the face. 8)

The goal today was to get this thing riding again and I managed to pull it off before the rain hit. She just glides like a dream. The combo of the Brooks B66 saddle and those Kevlar Fat Franks with 10 extra pounds of pressure make all the difference!

That rack deck is really practical for putting down stuff while working on the bike.

IMG_0903.jpg

Installed the electric box but I need to do the outside wiring of things. icyuod2, you read my mind about the stripes. :mrgreen:

IMG_0905.jpg

Installed the shifter. I'm leaving the mechanics exposed but I have to figure out how to replace that boat throttle handle looking thing. Works great.

IMG_0906-1.jpg

This is how it stands right now. I still have a ton of work ahead of me but at least now I'm not on foot anymore. :)

IMG_0904.jpg

FREAKIN NICE!

tHATS .... PRETTY, I LIKES ALOT!

Latest posts

Back