Jenna Saykwa Longbike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jenna Saykwa (Flat Top Cruiser)

xddorox said:
Thanks all :) Might be a build-off first but I almost burnt the bike to the ground while trying to hook up the power for the electrical system! I guess electrical stuff is not my best skill. :mrgreen:

Haha, you and me both. anything past flipping a light switch I like to leave to a qualified professional :?

Well I managed to wire the power source, switch box and headlight without setting the bike on fire. Here's a tip, if you house your batteries in a metal container, be sure to insulate them.

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

I'm running 3 pairs of AA's in parallel for 3 volts

xddorox said:
Thanks all :) Might be a build-off first but I almost burnt the bike to the ground while trying to hook up the power for the electrical system! I guess electrical stuff is not my best skill. :mrgreen:

maybe you should follow your own advice :wink:
viewtopic.php?p=4204#p4204
xddorox said:
Tail lights were my next step :) Cool set up. Don't forget that resistor.

The whole set is looking good. I dig that control panel. Except the flip up "bomb" switch should be launching fireworks or something.

I never follow my own advice, but a fuse would have been nice. :mrgreen: I thought about it while I was rewiring everything whith the batteries juiced up! So I wired up the rear light, which is a converted old something that I got years ago, with a blinking red LED.

So here it is for now. I hope to wire the horn in the next few days.

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

I'd tap that!

My roomate/tenant has a recumbent trike, that has the chain tubes located with a springy rod, like an old time fender flap. 8)
It's supposed to reduce effort and tube wear, but he doesn't ride very much anymore, so lasting 5 years doesn't mean much. :lol:

Took the bike out for a 35 km cruise Thursday night. Check out the last post on my blog for all the details. She rides fine but it's pretty heavy. :)

The bike
IMG_0944.jpg

Me
IMG_0939.jpg

What it feels like at 2am after too many brewskies.
IMG_0938.jpg

Don't try this at home kids, I'm what you call an "expert". :mrgreen:

bighit said:
at this point go ahead and be the first one to post in the finished bikes forum. anyone who rode that far on their build off bike is just about done in my book. bravo!
I'm nowhere near done with this thing. :mrgreen:

I'm up to about 150 kilometers on this bike so far and the bugs are almost all worked out. It's holding up pretty good on our notoriously bad Montreal streets. We have nice weather lined up for still a few days but I want to ride for now. The Brooks B66 is just sweet! I need to wire up the horn, lay some stripes, paint a pin up and I managed to enlist the help of my dear wife for making an extra big custom set of saddle bags.

I went to a bike fest event Sunday and it managed to get some attention away from a couple of Hannan's choppers. :mrgreen:

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

friggin awesome! just looks right at home amoung the big ships, cargo hauler and all.

not only did ya come up with a great bike, but it also has such a utilitarian purpose.
my hats off to ya, great build thus far.
i noticed ya started a bit of a trend. in the future, i imagen we'll see more than a few kicking around on the forum.

Latest posts

Back