JESSE JAMES WEST COAST CHOPPER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
THIS IS THE JESSE JAMES CHOPPER I GOT BRAND NEW FOR $59.99, THEY HAD ABOUT 10 OF THESE IN IMPROPERLY MARKED BOXES. THE BOXES WERE MARKED, CHROME AND BLACK. I WANTED A RED ONE, TURNED OUT THATS WHAT ALL OF THEM WERE... WISH I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT THEM ALL! BUT DIDN'T WANT TO DRIVE BACK. ANYWAY, I WIDENED THE BARS 4 1/2'' ON EACH SIDE, CUT THE SEAT TUBE, AS SHORT AS I COULD, TO GET THE SEAT AS LOW AS POSSIBLE, ADDED KROMMETTES TO THE END PLUGS ON THE BARS AND CENTER OF TANK, MADE SOME HEADLIGHTS OUT OF 20 WATT HALOGEN BULBS, SHORT LENGTHS OF CONDUIT AND FILLED THE VOID WITH EPOXY, DRILLED OUT THE CHAIN GUARD RIVETS AND REPLACED WITH SPIKES, REAR OF CHAIN GUARD IS NOT ATTACHED IN PIC'S. ALSO CHANGED THE FRONT SPROCKET TO A SCHWINN MAG, FROM MY OLD LEMON PEELER, MADE A CLOCK OUT OF THE ORIGINAL JESSE JAMES ONE. I AM GOING TO CUT A COUPLE OF INCHES OFF THE FORK TUBES TO LOWER THE FRONT. AND NO I CAN'T RIDE IT WITH THE SEAT THAT LOW... I BOUGHT THIS TO PUT A MOTOR ON. BUT THAT WILL PROBABLY BE AWHILE, I JUST COULDN'T PASS UP A GOOD DEAL. THE IRON CROSSES ON THE FORK TUBE CAPS, ARE GERMAN SILVER RIVET BEZELS FROM TANDY LEATHER, AND SO ARE THE SPIKES. SEEMS IT IS NEVER SUNNY WHEN I WANT TO TAKE PIC'S.. OH WELL! I'M GOING TO CUT THE SEAT POST AND SEAT TUBE UP CLOSE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE FRAME, EVENTUALLY, I THINK. FOR SURE I'M GOING TO DITCH THOSE RUBBER FRAME PROTECTORS ON THE FORKS, AND PUT SOME SMALL SNUBBERS ON THE FRAME... A LITTLE MORE LIKE A MOTORCYCLE. DON'T REALLY LIKE THE SEAT EITHER, WILL HAVE TO MAKE MY OWN. NEEDS A SHORT SISSY BAR, I THINK.

006-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

008.jpg

010-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

017.jpg

Looks good!

I'm also known as the "Caps Lock Kid", but I'm trying to change my ways!...lol.

Man no kiddin', I wish it had 26'' wheels and the seat was about a foot or so farther back. Definately needs to be longer, but not this long!

MVC_077S1y.jpg

I saw you posted this bike.

MVC_077S1y.jpg
[/quote]

I wish we still had that. It was hilarious. It took the whole street to turn around.

Quanah said:
Man no kiddin', I wish it had 26'' wheels and the seat was about a foot or so farther back. Definately needs to be longer, but not this long!

quote]

It had a 99" wheelbase. Axle to axle, it was as long as small cars.

Glad it makes you smile. :D

bikebuilder said:
I saw you posted this bike.

MVC_077S1y.jpg

I wish we still had that. It was hilarious. It took the whole street to turn around.

Quanah said:

quote]

It had a 99" wheelbase. Axle to axle, it was as long as small cars.

Glad it makes you smile. :D

Hey bikebuilder, I saw that chopper pic at http://mywilson.homestead.com/gallery0.html Hope you didn't mind me posting it. Man talk about an attention getter, that is so K 8) 8) L!!!

You can post it wherever. I am just glad people still enjoy it. Maybe I'll build another better one someday.

Latest posts

Back