John Deere Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 1970's john deere boys loop frame bike that I'm restoring for FFA. It is a 20" high-rise 14" frame single speed coaster weighs 33lbs. I've been having trouble finding parts for if anybody could help it would be much appreaciated

Can you post a picture? Easiest to create a Photobucket account, upload them there, then share here(copy the IMG code)

Love to see it! Lots of knowledgeable people here that may be able to help you locate parts.

John Deere was probably just the brand name that it was sold under and was actually manufactured by a bicycle company like Murray or others. After posting pictures, I'm sure someone will be able to identify the manufacturer and set you on the right path to finding parts.

This is just a guess at this point, I don't have any specific knowledge concerning John Deere products!

Good luck!

Close enough!
20131122_181229_zpsdf284c5d.jpg

20131122_181219_zps091db841.jpg

Thanks!
I'm missing the original seat i know and some reflectors. The chain turns hard. If anybody knows where to find an original seat or a place that makes them that would solve a lot of my problems.

Can you post a picture? Easiest to create a Photobucket account, upload them there, then share here(copy the IMG code)
The IMG code no longer works for some reason, you have to use the 'Direct' code.

I searched 'john deere banana seat bike' in Google Images and found several girls bikes but didn't see a boys bike.
The pictures do however show the reflectors and saddle that you are looking for.

If you plan to take the bike apart, you need to first read up as much as you can about how to remove a cottered crankset. They can be very difficult to take apart and easy to damage in the process. It might even be worth taking it to your local bike shop and have them take the crankset out for you.

Hey, you're only a step away from posting your pix. Here's how...

1) Go to your Photobucket picture and click the link on the right that says 'Direct'.
2) In the comment box here on RRB's, click the yellow rectangle icon in the tool bar next to the smiley face.
3) In the pop up box, paste (ctrl+V or Cmd+V) the URL and click 'insert'.

Done!

Latest posts

Back