John Deere Musclebike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Here is an oddball. This bike sat in an eastern Colorado Barn for a long time. Did some research and found that John Deere made bikes from 1895 until the early 1900s then sold bikes badged as Deere from 1973-1975. Musclebikes, 10 speeds, 3 speed mixtes, etc...
It is in decent shape but needs a good going thru. I am not sure if there is much of a market for them. The seat and handgrips have the Deere logo on them.
Any Deere collectors out there? I am planning to get it in shape and sell it locally unless anybody here is into this bike.

Meh, it's a deer. If it had the red M's on it, then it'd be a decent bike lol
MinneapolisMolineLogo.jpg

Ccd

Accidental double post. Cool find! didn't know that JD made muscle bikes too, I've seen the ten speeds go at garage sales before.

Ccd

One of the kids in my neighborhood when we were growing up had one exactly like that but he did what we all did with our bikes.... stripped it down, painted it black and made a BMX bike out of it!

charliechaindrive said:
Meh, it's a deer. If it had the red M's on it, then it'd be a decent bike lol
MinneapolisMolineLogo.jpg

Ccd

John Deere...still in business
Minneapolis-Moline...out of business :p

I like some of the old MM's because the seat spins around. And I would definitely like to find a '38 Model U Deluxe in a barn somewhere that I could buy for cheap. 8) Gary

It is in decent shape but needs a good going thru.

Yeah, that is in very decent shape for that model. Most JD muscle bikes are quite beat up. Must be the farm boy in the owners.

I wrenched in JD's home community and I repaired countless JD bikes, mostly the men's 10 speed model with dropped bars and the worst brake levers ever. Those bikes were either beat up or in perfect shape but they all (100% of them) needed to have the brake levers replaced.

K@@@L ride. Just saw one like it for sale on the bicycle trader on facebook. Don't see them much!

Latest posts

Back