"Jr Rat" "Done?"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got this little 12" Huffy (Ha Ha) in the LBS dumpster had to pay $2.99 at Goodwill for the huge 16" doaner cycle. I.m going to make a mini rat for my grandson using the 12" bike and yellow wheels. Found a high end ? 12" fork in the dumper also.It's going to be a mini springer.I need to lengthen the steerer tube though....the story of my life! Going to use the seat and stem from the doaner cut down mtb riser bars. seat set low and back for the little guy. Satin black frame and fork the yellow wheels. It will be a strider for the start them add back on the crank when he has the balance basics.
dscf2860p.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-10-23

dscf2861v.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-10-23

dscf2862f.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-10-23

I may just switch over to these things totally :lol: I can fit the whole frame in the slop sink for cleaning and wet sanding :lol:

Re: "Jr Rat" Mini springer

Whens the las time any of you said " I wish I had a smaller....." anything. looks like I could say that abut my frame jig. should have a mini springer by the weekend.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re: "Jr Rat" Mini Springer

Got the rockers for the fork rounded and reamed out for the sholder bolts. Bars cut down and a real stem.

this is such a kool rat. I want it.lol. hope your son is liken it. wait till the younguns see this. I think ya may have started something in your hood.lol. b est of luck. great build.

Outlaw 8)

Got up early to make the loop for the springer. I have to crawl under my sun porch today and remove old insulation so I'm stalling :lol: will try to have the fork fully fabricated by Sun nite. Loop is 1/2" mild steel tube from Menards. Rod ends are drilled out SS 1/2-13 nuts to ride on the shoulder bolts.

Re: "Jr Rat" fork Done

Got up early and got the fork steerer lengthened and the spring towers welded / braised? I bought some I ftought cu coated steel Tig rod at a garage sale last fri $.50 for a bundle about 1" dia good deal. Well when I started to tig the towers the rod seemed to just flow out smoothly tacked both and took off helmet to look it was brass ? but it flowed out nicely checked it with a magnet no stickey! finished up with it as it would have messed up steel rod if i finished with that. Tig braising?

dscf2868s.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-10-30

dscf2867k.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-10-30

dscf2866h.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-10-30

Latest posts

Back