Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 8/08 DONE! link to pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 7/29 Not done, but close!

You could create a 'dimple'(s) on the inside of the housing where it overlaps with the trim ring (I guess that makes it a pimple,huh?) The outwards dimpling would 'catch' on the trim ring. Nice and clean with no holes.

Good luck and MY GOODNESS WHAT A GORGEOUS BIKE! The colors are spot on, great use of the Huffy wheelset/tires and PURE GENIUS use of the old brake arms!

Cheers to you sir,
Dr. T

raggedjim said:
Thanks guys. I still have some work to do on the headlight, I've been riding it quite a bit and a hard bump will make the front bezel fall off. I can't have that going on, so I'm looking for a cure, any suggestions?

Rg

we may have the same frame color, but your bike is in a whole other world. Absolutely gorgeous work sir. Elegant pedalcycle. :shock:

Dr. Tankenstein said:
You could create a 'dimple'(s) on the inside of the housing where it overlaps with the trim ring (I guess that makes it a pimple,huh?) The outwards dimpling would 'catch' on the trim ring. Nice and clean with no holes.

Oh! I like that idea! I knew you guys would have a solution.

Gorgeous? Elegant? Thanks! Now I hate to ride it! I don't fit either of those adjectives! Seriously though, I appreciate the comments.

Rg

raggedjim said:
DSC00382.jpg

This bike would have me on the color alone (I've bought bikes just because they were green), but the details and railroad theme really make it outstanding IMHO. Nice job!

great headlight detail with the filigree on the case! love the color and the hole build congrats this is a way cool ride!!

Thanks guys, I was going to do a couple of things (add some acorn nuts, but Peatbog was right, the 3/8-26 thread is hard to find in nuts that match the ones I already have) but I may have to call it done. Hopefully I'll get some better pics to go in my finished thread.

It's been fun, and the build-off definately took me out of my comfort zone as far as bike design is concerned.

Good luck to all, Rg

Been watching this one since the beginning and it's one of my favorites. Love the color combo and everything is so clean on it. Great job! 8)

raggedjim said:
Thanks guys, I was going to do a couple of things (add some acorn nuts, but Peatbog was right, the 3/8-26 thread is hard to find in nuts that match the ones I already have) but I may have to call it done. Hopefully I'll get some better pics to go in my finished thread.

It's been fun, and the build-off definately took me out of my comfort zone as far as bike design is concerned.

Good luck to all, Rg

Yeah, I just ordered some chrome spike nuts in 3/8-26 for my bike. The rears were easy to find, but not the front.

Dude...get this bike in front of a camera and get it in the finished forum!

Re: Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 8/05 DONE! Vintage pics

Found these old pictures of my grandfather's bike. I also have a bridge in Brooklynn for sale... Rg

SAM_0320.jpg

SAM_0319.jpg

SAM_0316.jpg

SAM_0313.jpg

SAM_0311.jpg

But I did really finish my build! Pictures in the Finished forum.

It's been fun, good luck to all. Rg

The vintage pics are cool, but you totally lose the cool color.
Love this build.

kingfish254 said:
The vintage pics are cool, but you totally lose the cool color.
Love this build.

Yeah, I was actually just playing around with my wife's camera. Just a note, you should really learn how to use the features on your camera BEFORE you start trying to take pictures!

I probably looked at your build more than any other (well, Peatbogs too) because I never knew what you would do next!

Rg

Really cool bike, Jim! It turned out perfect in my book!

Cream tires and that green....SA-WEEEEET!

brett4christ said:
Really cool bike, Jim! It turned out perfect in my book!

Cream tires and that green....SA-WEEEEET!

Thank Brett! I built something I knew I would ride and I have been riding it daily since it's been done.

Rg

Latest posts

Back