Just popped for a Schwinn chopper; pix and questions!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dropout extenders installed:
6908024A-4301-4687-ADF0-2127C7F981B1.jpeg

3 pages in, this"New Purchase Advice" thread is starting to resemble a build. Didja know we have a Build Off happening? C'mon in, the water is fine

3 pages in, this"New Purchase Advice" thread is starting to resemble a build. Didja know we have a Build Off happening? C'mon in, the water is fine
Even something brand new becomes a build. A pair of goalie pads isn’t mine until I have modded the thigh rise, strapping and even the internals. Bikes are pretty well the same for me LOL

Yeah I get it, just picking on you. I ain't all that pedantic. Sometimes, funny remarks are my way to subscribe to a thread. Other times, I just run my mouth.
All good.

Speaking of this bike, I should be receiving the hub, bottom bracket and other stuff soon. One of those Box rims will make an appearance.

I may also add “rust”. I saw some chairs with the “finish” I am trying to achieve.

Ordered a new fork for the build from the same guy who sold me the dropout extenders.

Just need to figure out seat mounting and other stuff...

Tubes came for the 20x4.0 rim! Seat came; not using it; using the Frooks, er, um fake Brooks. No reviews, but I maybe hallucinated seeing it earning okay reviews on here.

Front hoop to be dropped off for building tomorrow. Keeping the rim green. Pix to come...

I'm watching this closely, with great interest, as I plan on making mine an ebike over the winter. Looking good!
Thank you! (Forgot to accept and thank you for the compliment)

The one critical error I made was removing the kick stand mount. Had I not removed it, it could’ve been easier to make mine motorised! Though making mine into a real drag racer could be cool.

Let me know when you start yours! I love seeing what others come up with!

Thank you! (Forgot to accept and thank you for the compliment)

The one critical error I made was removing the kick stand mount. Had I not removed it, it could’ve been easier to make mine motorised! Though making mine into a real drag racer could be cool.

Let me know when you start yours! I love seeing what others come up with!

It'll be a pretty simple build, with not a lot of kustom stuff. I'll probably make a build log here at RRB.

Latest posts

Back