just sayin!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I copy-writed the word "RARE" so people on E-bay cant use it anymore!!

outskirtscustoms said:
No leave junk out there, they might actually USE it.

maybe i should clarify that, the term "JUNK" followed by more than a couple hundred dollars, there seems to be a lot of $500 junk bikes around here.

CCR said:
outskirtscustoms said:
No leave junk out there, they might actually USE it.

maybe i should clarify that, the term "JUNK" followed by more than a couple hundred dollars, there seems to be a lot of $500 junk bikes around here.

That is everywhere. I'm eyeballing a couple of old tandem bikes right now, both are old Columbias but are rusted solid, the cranks won't budge, the steering won't budge, they are rusted solid. Paint isn't really bad, just all the hardware is stuck from years of being outside. What you think??? Should I attempt to save them? I know I can probably score them both cheap.

Cheap as in free? They'd have to be darned close to that before I'd tackle them.

Also, just my perception or is there very little interest in tandems?

I got an offer yesterday to come buy a 50's-60's Schwinn tandem for cheap, but I'm even on the fence about going to look at it. Unless I can turn it into parts I can use for another build I don't see much marketability in tandems...

if you can get both for around 20$ for the pair of tandems...

Well I know fixed up around here I've seen them fetch some decent money.
(Around $200-$400) But also they take about a month to sell...... :roll:

I know I'd have to sink a lot of time into them but I figure it'd be a fun couple of projects. I've got to talk to the guy but I'm thinking like $20 for both.

When it comes to bike parts on eBay, "Schwinn" is the most overused word. It's tough to find original Schwinn parts when every part on eBay has Schwinn in the title. :x Gary

Well I just got back from checking about the two Columbia tandems, He said he really doesn't want to sell them and he has friends that have already asked about them. He did have one bike that was interesting that I am looking at, he said to stop by in a few days and he'd think of a price. I haven't seen one like it before. The head badge says FOREMOST wich I have never heard of and the frame design is a lady's frame that looks like this with a twin top tube and almost a built in rack but the tire does come above the bars.

sdhakjhsdakjhgklsajlk.jpg

HotRodRob said:
I don't know, that Foremost looks pretty.....sketchy! Sorry I couldn't help it :lol:

Yeah My illustration isn't the best. I've never even heard of the brand. I know it's got:
one speed coaster brake hub,
Kinda skinny tires like a 10 speed would have,
has a rear fender, I assume front is missing.
24" wheels
kick stand is a bolt on,
Crank looks like the older murry crank with the long oval cutouts,
Looks to be late 60's or 70's

I agree with the rare... and vintage, people think that word adds $200. Someone around here was selling a Schwinn Surburbin on craigs list for 500 :shock:

Latest posts

Back