"King 'Cuda" (1972 Ross) *4-year UPDATE!*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snapped this heading to my garage for work tonight.

F1kjRk.jpg

Nice color!

Luke.
I'm letting it set in the booth to cure over the weekend. On Monday I'll get it out in the sun and really see how it looks. I think it's more 'Lime' than I originally intended, when I was going for more of an Avocado/Gold. But, as long as it looks '70's, I'll be happy with it.

A while back I had mentioned the dilemma with my front tire. That the tread wouldn't let me do what I wanted to do, so I bought another smooth sidewall tire. Well, I grew to hate that smooth tire. This bike needs tread to look right. So... I decided to shave the sidewalls.

This is what I started with.
1SftuJ.jpg

This is what it looks like after shaving/sanding.
WIwpQ0.jpg

And this is why.

Falw4d.jpg

A while back I had mentioned the dilemma with my front tire. That the tread wouldn't let me do what I wanted to do, so I bought another smooth sidewall tire. Well, I grew to hate that smooth tire. This bike needs tread to look right. So... I decided to shave the sidewalls.

This is what I started with.
1SftuJ.jpg

This is what it looks like after shaving/sanding.
WIwpQ0.jpg

And this is why.

Falw4d.jpg
Is that the treadwear adhesive letters, or did you stencil and paint?

If stencil and paint, will you please do a how to thread?

Is that the treadwear adhesive letters, or did you stencil and paint?

If stencil and paint, will you please do a how to thread?
Treadware, or whatever the company's name is. I'll have to check. They weren't cheap. I've done the stenciling using Plasticote rubber paint. It was time consuming and the problem I had was them peeling off too easy. So this time I thought this would be a better, albeit more expensive, option.

I abandoned one of my builds this time.
Last time I tried to do 2 I wasn't successful either.
but I've seen you pull off the impossible before.
Can't wait to see it again.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back