KING DADDIO

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm debating whether to use this '67 typhoon;
typhoon1.jpg

or this one for my wife;
freebikes3.jpg

Re: Decisions

This is her current cruiser.
P1010355.jpg

I just got it functional the other day with nicer pedals, seat, tires and wheels. I still need to detail it. She doesn't like the color though, say's it's Miami Dolphins (my team) green. She's a major Patriots fan (football season is interesting at our house!) , so I was thinking of painting it white with an old school patriots theme to it. I got these decals for it that will fit perfectly where the head badge would go.
projectospb2.jpg

Paint that sprocket blue and the chainguard red. I'm planning to put a pats penant flag on one of those bike flag poles on the back.
She also has a Specialized Hard Rock that was mine before I bought a new one. I bought it used and it was a little small for me. She rides that one on the bike trail with us. Here she is riding with the kid. She has a pats t-shirt on. :roll:
P1010128-1.jpg

on the other hand a three speed typhoon for myself would be sweet! 8) 8) 8)Decisions...

Re: Decisions

Yeah, I could have her pats bike frame blasted, painted and scrounge some parts up real quick like for her B-day in July. then concentrate on the typhoon. I'm looking for a sturmey archer 3 speed hub for the schwinn.

Re: Typhoon Mary

She will be called Typhoon Mary. Here's the seat.
Tm1.jpg

Tank build and seat post mockup.
tm2.jpg

tm3.jpg

Here's the new seat post.
P1010357.jpg

P1010358.jpg

P1010361.jpg

Here's the bike I borrowed that seat from.
brits6.jpg

It was cheap. (I just noticed that sticker tonight.)
P1010362.jpg

There's a big wrench in the picture now... 8)
P1010363.jpg

Just a little imagery/smack talkin' because if you weren't aware....I'M the big wrench in the tool box! :lol: :roll:

The handlebars and 5" springs for the springer frontend.
P1010373.jpg

Started the bars.
P1010380.jpg

P1010382.jpg

P1010383.jpg

P1010385.jpg

P1010386.jpg

Probably won't leave them that tall. I don't like out of proportion bars.

Wow, that is very impressive! I don't suppose I could get you to make me a seatpost like that... :wink: 8)

Nothing ridiculously large. These are about right.:shock: Heh-heh, just kidding. I couldn't help myself.
P1010388.jpg

P1010390.jpg

I'm thinking about 6"-8" off both the riser portion and the grip. I have to start mocking up the front end now to prevent clearance issues

Latest posts

Back