King Krate

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful work, my friend. Only one critique. I really wish you would have made an oversized set of cranks for the lower BB, even if they didn't actually move so that they could still be used as a step. I think the pedals where a crank should be just brings it down a hair for me.

Overall, brilliant work.

Yep. I think maybe you are using the pedals as a step up. But it is a distraction when everything else you've done is so spot on. I'm thinking no cranks at all so you don't have to worry about scraping. Maybe a step tab on the chain stays, only sticking out a couple inches, they'd be pretty inconspicuous there.

Carl.

Understand where you're coming from on the pedal steps. Everything I build I build to ride so I made a few changes for durability and strength. It's not a perfect copy but it is fun as heck to ride and the step is in the perfect location. Fortunately, it's a standard BB so if anyone wanted to change it it would be easy to do. For me it will be just fine. especially after I get matching old school pedals too and bottom.

857a272aad070caf82cdd385f1bbe2cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It probably would look better with cranks, but you don't need a crank arm swinging around when you're trying to get a foothold while mounting or dismounting. To me it's a minor sacrifice and in the "BIG" scheme of things it isn't worth pursuing.

I've followed this from your 1st post....this thing is totally rad. I've been showing my workmates and they think so too. What colour will you paint it?

I've followed this from your 1st post....this thing is totally rad. I've been showing my workmates and they think so too. What colour will you paint it?

It's going to be gold to keep with the King theme. Won't or painted before the build off ends but will be in a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep us posted on the 'post paint pics' ! Rad work on this. Rat-isfying indeed!:41:

I have to say that I have enjoyed watching this idea come to life just about as much as any build I have ever seen on RRB.
Well done brother! Can't wait for the shiny work to start next.

Latest posts

Back