Kingman Az, Route 66 in general

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampthing

Rusty and broken, Still rolling.
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,
Anyone been to Kingman AZ?
I stopped in during my cross country Road trip (still on it) with my daughter.
Kingman is a crazy little city basically in the middle of the desert.
parts of the town look stuck in the 50s and some in the 80s.
I was only there for a short time and saw a couple rat rods, some classic cars, some bikes from the 50s, and a pile of Route 66 stuff.
there is also a little brewery there, so please excuse my typing errors.
I stopped at the brewery solely because of a sculpture they had. The Rickety Cricket. I’ll tell him a for free, the beers are good and the artwork on the cans is cool Anyway at the Route 66 museum there, a total tourist trap, but cool anyway, I took a picture of her in the drive through Route 66 thingy.
we did a lot of miles on Route 66, all the way to Santa Monica Pier.
try it sometime. A lot of the small towns still have character and interesting characters.
we were able to avoid all chains except for AW root beer, and Waffle House, from coast to coast.
51DC5F7B-E9E3-4773-B4A2-2DD7CA007A6A.jpeg
36CC3078-448D-47A9-BF20-8DD0A5FB742D.jpeg

I think you can drive much of historic Route 66 from Williams, all the way to Kingman.
When I lived in the Phoenix area, we passed through Kingman many times on the way to Laughlin, NV. I never mountain biked there.
-I am glad Kingman is prospering. I really miss living in AZ.

I worked at a site in Winslow back in the early 2000s for about a week. I kept looking for that flatbed Ford but never saw it.
-Don't ever try to work in the rain in Winslow. That fine red volcanic soil turns unbelievably slick during storms.
-I did one quick day job in Kingman. Great weather, but the coordinates the client gave me wouldn't work. I figured out that they had turned the drawing 90 degrees in the CAD computer before pulling the coordinates for me. I began to go 90 degrees east of what ever direction the GPS gave me, but used the GPS distances. It worked and I was able to finish the job without staying overnight.

Latest posts

Back