Klunker Contestants Check In.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
So, who is in the Klunker Sub-Build-Off?

q10kH01363906303.jpg

kim_dude said:
In, depending upon your threshhold for being a klunker. Recreating that shot is gonna be hard...first I'd have to find a hill somewhere. :? http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=72056

cman is judging (he set the example before) - we're all pretty much friends here and as they say ... "the best you can is good enough". My bike is looking nothing like the "real klunkerz", just going to do my best to play along.

c2.jpg

CCR said:
kim_dude said:
In, depending upon your threshhold for being a klunker. Recreating that shot is gonna be hard...first I'd have to find a hill somewhere. :? http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=72056

cman is judging (he set the example before) - we're all pretty much friends here and as they say ... "the best you can is good enough". My bike is looking nothing like the "real klunkerz", just going to do my best to play along.

c2.jpg
i figured it was a joke, but I wasn't joking about that I would have to find a hill. The only real hill in Virginia Beach is a city park that is a capped landfill called Mt Trashmore. When i want to do hill training for runs I run in parking garages :roll: .

kim_dude said:
... When i want to do hill training for runs I run in parking garages :roll: .

I'm imagining power sliding down a wet parking ramp right now ... impressive :mrgreen:

kim_dude said:

Mount Trashmore would work for the shot, though it's really grassy, and the photo is dirt... you can do it.

You're not too far from me, I'm just over the border in NC on I-95.

This should be fun to watch and judge. :wink:

I am working on a trophy that you can mount on the wall with pride. :wink:

I Am tempted. Been staring at this project for a few years:

Possibly, If I can find the proper fork for it in the next few weeks. The TX 1200 fork I bought for it doesn't have a long enough steer tube and after that blunder it has sat ignored.

The last time I did a RRB build off was the klunker build off several years ago. A lot of fun and it made for some great online banter for several months. Motivating but I still didn't finish the project until after the deadline. Still have the bike and it gets pulled off the rack on occasion for the neighborhood cruise:

My initial plan when doing the DX was to recreate a bike using parts available from the original N. Ca. late 70's klunker era. I cut corners with the wheels and have never forgotten. When the C gets done, it will be to proper form.

Contemplating.

Bane said:
I'm in if the field thinks a big BMX style fits the sub class.

My build is definitely more of a modern version klunker / lots of BMX parts there too. Cman is judging and I think a bike that looks closer to the "original" klunkers has a better shot of winning this comp, but it's all in fun and I'm giving it my best on my "klunker" :)

IMG_8066_zpsc0fbc8b2.jpg

Latest posts

Back