KRAZY HORSE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a thought of trying some other tires today and it didnt work out so well , this was a 2.125 tire on a 4" rim , it was like a shot gun going off in the shop when it went , going to stay with the tires i started with
hackfest tire blown up001.jpg

Well i got out to the shop today to get some more done on the bike , front half of the frame is now tacked together and time for the rear chain stays , going to try to have it in roller form in the next couple of days , stay tune more to come
index.php

That's awesome... so different and such a cool design :113:

Glen.

I had a thought of trying some other tires today and it didnt work out so well , this was a 2.125 tire on a 4" rim , it was like a shot gun going off in the shop when it went , going to stay with the tires i started withView attachment 10432
:eek:
Ka-Blammo!

Luke.

Well i am getting a little more done tonight , the rear chain stays are tacked in and now i can start thinking about something cool for the forks , cant be to wild because i want to ride this one all summer so they have to be very usable , so i guess i have to think about this for tonight
2015 build off bike and trailer005.jpg

I had a thought of trying some other tires today and it didnt work out so well , this was a 2.125 tire on a 4" rim , it was like a shot gun going off in the shop when it went , going to stay with the tires i started withView attachment 10432

Good that you tried that, I was thinking of it for some other build of mine.... now I won't.
Love you build so far.

Well i am getting a little more done tonight , the rear chain stays are tacked in and now i can start thinking about something cool for the forks , cant be to wild because i want to ride this one all summer so they have to be very usable , so i guess i have to think about this for tonight View attachment 10440

I couldn't resist the temptation to do a bit of photoshopping…

KrazyHorse_ForkIdea_01.jpg

Glen.

EDIT:

And here's another…

KrazyHorse_ForkIdea_02.jpg

Glen.

Last edited:
I had a tire blow on me once too and when it went, I wish I was wearing a diaper!

Ouch!!............I've fitted 2.125 tires onto 3" rims, but the extra inch must have been too much for it.

Well i know i am falling behind again on this build but hopefully i can make up some time in the shop this week and this weekend , I got the crank mounted and all the bars tacked into the frame , and now I can go onto the forks that Glen made up on his computer , not sure if they will work because the forks need to be about 40" long to make the frame sit right , those are some long forks but i am going to give it a try and see what happens , more to come soon
2015 build off bike frame001.jpg

Well i know i am falling behind again on this build but hopefully i can make up some time in the shop this week and this weekend , I got the crank mounted and all the bars tacked into the frame , and now I can go onto the forks that Glen made up on his computer , not sure if they will work because the forks need to be about 40" long to make the frame sit right , those are some long forks but i am going to give it a try and see what happens , more to come soonView attachment 10646

Another great build man! For some reason, I keep seeing a 36" Coker front wheel on this thing. It would come the closest to matching the curve of your bottom bar! Kinda like the bagger phase the HD guys are doing now! One thing is for sure.... you will get it right!:cool2:

Just throwing ideas out.... if you are worried about fork strength, how about welding tabs on the top side of the fork down by the axle mounts, then building some cool truss rod setup for it? It you attached them at the top of the headset and built brackets to tie them to the fork below the headset, they should add some strength to the fork.

I started these forks today , not sure if i like them or not yet but i guess its to early to tell , they are different , going to try to finish them up tonight and take a look in the morning to see then if i like themView attachment 10724
Wow! This is looking sweet!
What gauge tubing are you using on the forks? If it were me I'd go with .120 since those are pretty long and wouldn't really worry about it much, anything lighter and it may be an issue.

Wow! This is looking sweet!
What gauge tubing are you using on the forks? If it were me I'd go with .120 since those are pretty long and wouldn't really worry about it much, anything lighter and it may be an issue.
I am not worried about the forks bending , they are made from 16ga tube , I am not sure if I like the way the forks meet the steering stem on an angle like that , I was planning on straight forks not the curve ones , I will have to change the head tube angle for it to look right to me , still not sure but I need to keep moving forward because I am not going to miss the dead line for the build off

Latest posts

Back