Kreep Koach

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this has been an INSANELY busy month for me! :shock: I figure it's about time to get back to this beast. Not a whole lot today, but I'm back at it! I extended the head tube on the springer slightly and started stripping the paint. I've got the idea train fired up! :D

I've also got some fun ideas for the sissy bar.

So I haven't completely fallen off the face of the earth! :shock: :lol: I had a little time to do some work on the Kia the past couple days.

Got a little bit of paint work done on the chain guard! I'm not overly excited about the layout so I might sand and redo but it's something!

I also made some apes a little crazier than normal. Not to nuts but they're HUGE!

Here's the basic layout so far. I need to get an old leather coat for the seat. I've got some 3" memory foam for it. Man is it going to be comfy!

I like that basic layout... nice stance.

:wink: Carl

GuitarlCarl said:
I like that basic layout... nice stance.

:wink: Carl
Thanks man!

LukeTheJoker said:
Looking good Terry! I am ashamed to say I had forgotten about your build! :oops:
Looks like you already have snow on the ground too!

Luke.

Thanks! To say I've been busy with other things is and understatement. :shock: :lol: yeah, the cold is now going to be my main obstacle. It's averaging around 25-30 now. Obviously that's when I get the time to work on things. :wink:

looking good keep up the good work :)

Ok ok. Back again for my bi-monthly update. :rofl: We've gotten about 14" of snow and single digit temps in upstate NY so it's a bit of an issue working in the shop lately. I picked up an X53 springer off fleabay. It's missing..... a lot. :crazy:

No headtube? No problem.

Yeesh what was someone thinking?!

I sleeved the center with some seatpost. Welded and ground that down first, then slid the donor head tube over the top and buttoned her down. Should be reasonably solid, but this is no dirt jumper.

I also made up some new rockers (being that I only had one original) for modern axle thickness and width! They still need some finesse, but they work!

I had never heard of the Kia KMX before. I had to look it up. Looks interesting. I look forward to seeing what you're going to do with it!

Kia1.jpg

look's like my 1971 Free Spirit

Latest posts

Back