Krusty JC Higgins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked this up at the Hurst Swap Meet a couple of weeks ago (bought it from Okie after my wife pointed it out, I probably walked past it twice without even noticing it) and man do I love it!
All I've done was go thru the bearings and added a couple of details, plans are to leave it as is.
It's got Electra rims and boy does it ride smooth, I love the seat and the handle bars. No rattles or squeeks either!
It's got a cool hot rod look with the fenderless front and skinny tire and the fendered white wall on the back. So far it's a big attention getter.

DSC06757.jpg

DSC06762.jpg

DSC06756.jpg

NICE! I love the lowered rear fender, and the rust is just beautiful. I like how the badge remained bright, it makes for a great contrast. I think it would be killer with a matching lowered front fender.

Thanks guys!
I agree on the lowered front fender, Okie threw one in one the deal, but it's not original to the bike (being that it's painted).
I have test fit it and would like to mount it to where it really hugs the front tire.
I'm thinking of stripping the paint off and letting it sit outside (a couple of weeks ought to do it with the humidity we have down here).
I've never tried to match 'patina' before, so I'm curious how it'll turn out.

Really nice bike! A friend of mine has one with the same tank, but it's badged as a Firestone Pilot. I'd be curious if anyone knows who built the frames.

thesuicideride said:
gorgeous absolutely gorgeous. interesting chainring. any pics of that? can i bug for how much? :lol:

Thanks, the more I look at it the more I love it!
I thought the same thing about the chainring, I have no idea what it's off of but I don't believe it's original to the bike. I don't currently have any better pics of it, yet.
Price? I'll just say it was a lot less than everything else at that swap meet (less than $80.00, which now I consider a steal!)!!

roadmaster said:
great bike! absolutly love everything about it and looks great. spikes in the rear fender adds a nice touch, too.

The spikes were one of the few things I added (they are actually licence plate bullets).
The holes were already in the fender, I figure they might be for a kickstand bracket (not sure).

2WheelFlyer said:
I'd lose the reflector pedals and put some real oldie block style ones, they kinda throw off the overall look. Cool bike!

I agree, I just threw those pedals on so I could ride it.
It came with a mis-matched pair of block style pedals but they were real crunchy!
I might attempt to rebuild them, but I figure I can find a pair pretty easily.

Latest posts

Back