lacing question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For an upcomming project I's like to lace my wheels like this. I did a couple of 3 cross and radial lacings but still learning.
img_0108_zps9l5gadt0.jpg

anyone did somethin similar? Do I need how could I get the right spoke length?

WOW, very interesting. I really never thought about so many options of installing spokes. Is there one that is stronger than the other? I guess it would be hold up longer or take more weight.
Does anyone know?

Ran into this thread and maybe can answer your question. The wheel you show on the moto looks to have NO crosses at all. A radial style lacing set at an angle. The "crosses" reference is literal. How many spokes do you cross on the same side of the hub flange when you go the other direction across the spoke in the adjacent hole? The spokes in the wheel you show don't seem to cross each other....maybe. Not sure how to lace this style or how to calculate spoke length..gotta be a link somewhere...

I'd Google lacing motorcycle wheels...
But I'm just a noob. (to lacing)

Carl.

Yes. Two cross if not radial...good red graphic BM. Hard to tell though from the pic.

Is there one that is stronger than the other? I guess it would be hold up longer or take more weight.
Does anyone know?
In my experience 32 hole 3-cross pattern is proven strong and light with DB spokes. (mtb-ing) I have not had problems with 32 spoke and up wheels, but lightweight ones with 24 bladed spokes for example I can destroy pretty quickly. Not so easy with a 32spoke, 3-cross pattern. Disclaimer. I am 200lbs, and ride mostly rough singletrack. SKPC

My view is that the British nailed this by doing 32 x3 on the front wheel and 40 x4 on the rear. That's probably overkill to some degree, but if you combine those with an interlace as you find on modern bikes, you get incredibly strong wheels that resist going out of true.

Latest posts

Back