Last new frame from the scrap pile

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I got my wish, we went to the scrapyard to get all the new old frames I didn't get before. They were all gone! I picked out the best ones last year so it probably isn't that great a loss. Then my wife spotted this frame in a corner hanging up behind some motorcycle wheels and other stuff. It's for 26" tires so I think it's one of the big batch of new bikes thrown out some years ago. I also saw a bunch of racks so I got them too. Only one frame when I figured on at least 4 or more, but it's in good shape and I hope it's chromoly like the other one I got so it will clean up and shine. It may be a candidate for the ORBO coming up.
frame1 11 Oct 21.jpg

frame 11 Oct 21.jpg

The frame is just bare metal, not chrome, and it's used, the drive side cup on the BB is spot welded on. It's a 16" frame, good for the wife to ride. It's the first frame I've had that uses an 1 1/8th headset. Probably none of my standard forks will work with it? The serial number shows it to maybe be a 92 model, YL92xxxxxx.

Bike looks decent, something about the cable guides on the side of the top tube looks familiar, but I can't put a finger on it. Cable stop bridge looks unique as well.
There are headsets available to fit 1" forks to 1 1/8 bikes. I think maybe porkchop BMX has them?
https://porkchopbmx.com/bicycle-hea...-jis-or-30-2mm-iso-1-threaded-black-anodized/
Dunno if that'll fit, I get confused when things go from metric to imperial

Last edited:
Perhaps a pulley to redirect cable pull for the derailleur?
That Nishiki looks exactly like yours, all the details match. They made good bikes, had some nice designs and quality steel. I think Richard Cunningham was working with them in that era

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back