Latest build, Huffy Board Tracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my latest build. Started life as a girls Huffy 3 speed bike that my sister got new for Christmas in 59. I had the bike all restored for my wife to ride about 30 years back, but she never liked riding and it just never fit her. I offered it back to my retired sister, but she didn’t want it either. So… I decided to tear it all apart and make a board tracker out of it. I found a Hoffman springer fork on EBay, aluminum rims off of a donor bike, cheap China girl 2 stroke engine. I built the fuel tank out of a 3” piece of exhaust tubing, headlight was off of a tractor. I built the banana tube exhaust and installed it to help give the illusion of a drop tube frame. I had to build my own intake manifold to mount the carb outside the frame due to the engine sitting so high. I installed a rim brake on the rear just in case I were to lose the pedal chain. Not the fastest thing, but it will run 30 all day long and handles great
803CFD1F-4A7D-49AC-8934-4A9D2F71E09C.jpeg
F2F2F4FC-3450-4E89-A2B0-EEC68C647072.jpeg
A4F592EF-4AF6-45B5-9C68-E02F290233F6.jpeg
8DD80243-E35C-418C-99F4-3365C0ADEA9E.jpeg
2C9A3384-008A-45C1-973E-6EA80D85CD67.jpeg
5AC05255-720C-4431-A020-9DF255AC8B58.jpeg

So many nice fabricated items on that bike. You really earned that Dunkel.

Sweet build!
Glad she's great to ride.
Thanks Pete, she is a hoot to ride, but no where near the detail that your bikes have. I had my neighbors 14 year old nephew over today and let him take it out for a ride. He’s trying to talk his parents into letting him build one. I told his folks that if he buys a bike and motor kit, I’de help him build one, but not a custom one, just a stock kit bike.

A very lovely machine!

I was looking all over to see where you had concealed the rim brake, but then noticed that it just appears in your last shot :)

A very lovely machine!

I was looking all over to see where you had concealed the rim brake, but then noticed that it just appears in your last shot :)
Good ole lost rim brake ! I had everything all together and working during the mock up and build, then I tore it all apart to paint it. When I went to reassemble it, I couldn’t find the mounting shoulder bolt for the brake. I went ahead and took the pics and then later I made another bolt and got it mounted

Good ole lost rim brake ! I had everything all together and working during the mock up and build, then I tore it all apart to paint it. When I went to reassemble it, I couldn’t find the mounting shoulder bolt for the brake. I went ahead and took the pics and then later I made another bolt and got it mounted
I know that feeling, like my currently missing 72nd spoke!

Latest posts

Back