length of spokes on 7 speed nexus to 26''

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy? yes and no. Builds up in a jiffy, but it takes much longer to get it tensioned and straight. With 6 spokes woven together, tension on one spoke affects the 5 others.

Here is a Worksman 3 speed nexus I picked up the other day...stainless spokes and silver alloy wheel. It is spoked all of them laced over. Wish I had a front to match

worksman002.jpg

I doubt if I will ever use it. If I cant find a match then it will probable be torn down and use the hub to spoke to a regular rim. That wheel you laced looks awsome. I probably wouldnt try any fancy patterns. Heck like this 7 speed today ...every once in a while just a regular lace job will jump up and bite me in the but and make me feel like I dont know what I'm doing. I normally can lace one in about 13 minutes. It takes me probably 30 to true it. If I have to sit and figure out something exotic it would be too long of a process.

Maddog everybody knows Twinkies are light and fluffy ,so how could eating them make you gain any weight. :roll: Ought to try to spoke one . the 10 ga. spokes are like penciles. They use the same ones on motorcycles...way over kill

Im gonna have to try those 10 gauge spokes it just looks to cool man. Now your gonna have build a bike around it, i already have a name for it. Over Kill :mrgreen:
Bikes made for the fat man :lol:

Latest posts

Back