LesMiserable

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after fighting a stiff neck for over a week and low blood pressure and a host of other problems I finally have started on my build. My goal is to make a gas powered, belt driven bike that will look like it came from the 40’s to early 50’s.
DA3D1149-3715-48FD-AA26-44DC0E78EA65.jpeg
7DE4B442-584D-4B53-BBD2-328B426B14A3.jpeg
The title for the build comes from how I feel, but what the heck, we have how many months ? I’ll get it done !

Last edited:
My wife is going in on the 26th for major neck surgery. They are going to fuse the top 7 vertebrae together in her neck as well as remove the bone from the back of her spine in that area. I try not to complain about my aches compared to her troubles.
Wowsers.........that's major. I wouldn't complain either

Good luck to her

My wife is going in on the 26th for major neck surgery. They are going to fuse the top 7 vertebrae together in her neck as well as remove the bone from the back of her spine in that area. I try not to complain about my aches compared to her troubles.

Wow. Hope all goes well!

Hope all goes well with your wife's surgery. I find working on bikes does much less than harm to my work then working under cars.

Picked up my tubing notcher today and cut out the top tube of the frame, notched my new tube and fit it. Man I wish I would have gotten this tool years ago !!
Next thing is to tack it in place, bend a new bottom tube with a low slung loop for the motor and get it installed. Just not tonight.
145AACEE-37B3-467C-90F5-15019347EA57.jpeg
60392E2F-6832-402F-9F60-5E6E9B2892FF.jpeg
8B81042F-3539-4C47-96FA-1D6FBCDE236B.jpeg

Last edited:
By the time I get done with this fork and frame, there won’t be much original left . But I like rat-rodding, taking old frames, cutting, modifying, changing them into something totally different, rather than building totally new from scratch.. My plan for the finished bike is subject to change at my whim, depending how all the parts come out and fit together. Time will tell, stay tuned !!

Latest posts

Back