Let’s Catch Up w/General Klunker!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6DEFE0D3-AEB5-4854-ADE2-76EB2D7E222C.jpeg

Well… While, granted, excepting municipal concern for the condition of our local streets, this article isn't on historic terrain for klunkerism

However? … G’wan… Get yer fancy prize-winning machine Carl….Or try this at home…. Mere mortal ORBO enthusiasts.

ORBO functionality/usability index is up there in the clutch….

i must’ve been a sight…. Sheet metal sparking on speed humps

1A96AEAA-A9D6-4986-BA9A-223648D8A8AF.jpeg

BDEA1CE4-EB96-410E-9BA0-FA94354F5CBA.jpeg

E8DD1440-537B-4F16-BBC8-D7909C6BA2DE.jpeg

9F83E351-3243-4121-AE5C-C38704C880C8.jpeg

Helping a friend move…

8 miles total with trailer
4 miles under these loads
Over the Chicago River every time…

then off directly on another added bonus
trip w/my biggest fan… to the dog beach.

Thank you ORBO/RatRodBikes builders, moderators, fellow janitors for helping me to be inspired to aspire to my own standard.

Attachments

• C1261750-DF84-4AEA-B706-97C88A38F6B1.jpeg
    C1261750-DF84-4AEA-B706-97C88A38F6B1.jpeg
    358.4 KB · Views: 13
View attachment 194303
Well… While, granted, excepting municipal concern for the condition of our local streets, this article isn't on historic terrain for klunkerism

However? … G’wan… Get yer fancy prize-winning machine Carl….Or try this at home…. Mere mortal ORBO enthusiasts.

ORBO functionality/usability index is up there in the clutch….

i must’ve been a sight…. Sheet metal sparking on speed humps

View attachment 194304
View attachment 194305
View attachment 194306
View attachment 194308
Helping a friend move…

8 miles total with trailer
4 miles under these loads
Over the Chicago River every time…

then off directly on another added bonus
trip w/my biggest fan… to the dog beach.

Thank you ORBO/RatRodBikes builders, moderators, fellow janitors for helping me to be inspired to aspire to my own standard.
That's pretty rad 😎

If only for @OddJob ‘s penchant for historical notes….

And?.. as no one like the usually astute @MattiThundrrr asked….

well….

The “General Chromius J. Pintle-Klunker Rampage” historical back story is….

Some charity place that mainly saves Costco Returns and Wal Mart bikes (but claims to “save old bikes” ) had a volunteer that saw this frame go into the scrap truck….en route to the Atom Smasher…FOUR Times this frame did go…. …. Over and over it hath been begotten ….and pulled again from the brink, and set aside…..Finally the last time they cried out!…. And verily paid one dollar for lt (when the the A/S binder bolt was noticed)….

and….

… i got it from that Bike Warrior for and undisclosed sum. ($5)

Lucky lucky lucky

it’s got poise!!!
Poise @GuitarlCarl !!!

It is built from some new Profile Design drive parts, some campy canle routing,, some shimano kevlar housing and some of the best bits of my 8 year voyage as a posiible world record contender (~26,000+)bike picker.

not proud of much, besides my daughter, my shoe collection (obviously) and what i can build

i ride it all the time

thanks everybody

My best run was 14 critical Masses in a row…

Yes
Haha! Well then you know I'm a Chicago Taildragger and a satellite at that, living 60 miles south of the city. The Critical Mass isn't my favorite ride by a longshot, although I've ridden in a few. Give me a cruise thru Pilsen, a roll across the 606 and ride along the lakefront any day. I'm also a JesusTshirt and ponytail kinda guy and every bike I ride has poise. Spent a little time riding down here today...
IMG_20220530_104631.jpg

:thumbsup:GC.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back