Lets see all those Twin Bar frames!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really love these frames and I couldnt find any topics that specialize these bikes.

Here is mine 8)

DSCN0173.jpg

bike2.jpg

Is that by chance a Hawthorne?

Here is Flex-Liner 7 from RRBBO7

aIMG_8050.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OH YEAH!!! Nice work!

I've got a few twin bars in my collection. First up is my 1960s AMF-built AMFLITE Falcon. Fell in love with its unique frame shape, its original paint and graphics, and of course those 2 gently curving bars that travel all the way from the headset to the dropouts.
BftD_AMFlite_Falcon_and_parts_18.jpg
BftD_AMFlite_Falcon_and_parts_19.jpg
BftD_AMFlite_Falcon_and_parts_23.jpg
BftD_AMFlite_Falcon_and_parts_24.jpg
BftD_AMFlite_Falcon_and_parts_26.jpg
BftD_AMFlite_Falcon_and_parts_27.jpg
BftD_AMFlite_Falcon_and_parts_28.jpg
BftD_AMFlite_Falcon_tire_change_9.jpg

Next is a 1962 Murray-built OTASCO Flying-O bike. I'm not sure how I'm going to build it just yet, but I love the fact that it's got twin twin bars.
BftD_Unknown_Murray_2.jpg
BftD_Unknown_Murray_3.jpg
BftD_Unknown_Murray_4.jpg

And last but not least is a muscle bike I'd been hunting for over 2 years until now: a Murray Eliminator-style bike. It's all slapped-together right now, but it's fully FUNctional! It's a great little bike as is, but I've got plans for this one...
BftD_murray_muscle_bike_drag_prep_2.jpg
BftD_murray_muscle_bike_drag_prep_4.jpg
BftD_murray_muscle_bike_riding_1.jpg

Rare Amelite Debutante made by AMF. The tubes and dropouts appear to be the same used on the Avengers.
Saved the parts and gave the frame to a builder... kinda wish I kept it. The OG had a funky truss fork.
View attachment 173779
That's basically a smaller girl's version of the Falcon I have! Looked like you had a nice one there! What parts did you keep from it?

Latest posts

Back