Lets see some 24" lovin

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
totally understand, living in swede3n isn´t easy cause bicycling hash´t got any status here and therefore it´s not easy too find the right parts :)

My 24" ride, not sure what the frame is, my guess is late 40s, rocking a sulky slick in the back, homemade truss rods, delta light, and CWC skiptooth drivetrain.

7e6d5038f8b6fa3c71b92fc332b2f77c.jpg

b920b5380198a48c1ff68ec073aac17e.jpg

Maybe one day....My little old Shelby 24". The truss fork is holding a 26" Big Hank on the front of my Jet Pilot at the moment.
The frame is nice and swoopy and until I get some sort of welding done, she'll remain as a wall flower that I'll keep throwing things at 'til they stick.:39:

How about some more info on the motor sitting on the paint cans....:cool2:

Hey CeeBee,
It's a curb find 1949-58 REO 211F 1 1/2 hp I think. It turns freely but is untested and flywheel cover and tank are M.I.A.Pics are as found, but has gotten tidied a bit.
Heres a video of one in action.
Some neighbors were cleaning out Grandads workshop, so after finding the REO I left a note that I'd like to find the missing bits, but no Luck on that one.
The 1970 Briggs came from the same house as a result of the note and is complete and moves freely but is untested.

Some 24" that I've built:

Just cleaned this up this Spaceliner and put some aluminum wheels and new tires. Its for J and Little Guy when the come over and want to ride.

IMG_0033II.jpg

My adult sized Eliminator with 24"(505mm) rear and 24"(520mm)front
IMG_0498II.jpg

My great newphew's Bday present preWWII Goodyear Highway Patrol (Flat Black and White)
IMG_1205II.jpg

There are some really fine bikes on this thread!
Keep 'em coming
Steve

Modifications to my Huffy Good Vibrations 24 have improved riding qualities greatly. Layback seat post and BMX-style HB. Swapped out the coaster brake for a freewheel (went from 40/18 to 40/17). Added caliper brakes (figured that was a good idea with the loss of the coaster). Switched from 5-1/2" cranks to 6-1/2" cranks. Now very comfy for riding.

huffygv4.jpg

Latest posts

Back