Lets See Those 26" BMX Styled Cruiser Builds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All wrapped up. Waiting on a set of NOS fork trusses for it.
4AC28676-DF01-49BF-AE68-F5031161B384.jpeg
F6F1A4A1-9864-4BFC-A90C-44928A8C3B47.jpeg
942D67FD-D504-4270-8682-22E0DD948FE6.jpeg

I figured it was kinda close to you.

Determining off-hours in the Summer may be difficult. There were a bunch of kids there around 2pm yesterday, despite the 95f temp. I just don't trust the tweens or millenials there to be respectful of a 200lb 25mph missle, just as they tend to be at the other Velosolutions pump tracks around here. The only one (so far) that regularly allows me to take hot laps without worrying about killing a kid that errantly (or even defiantly, as some have done after being asked nicely not to do so) drops in on me is the Superior track. I don't hit the pump tracks to barge, dominate, or for any other superficial ulterior motive, just to do what's fun to me. I take my turn, communicate in a friendly manner and take the time to pick up garbage around the tracks upon arrival. Hopefuly some kids pick up on this, as a lot of their parents obviously haven't taken the time to give them a clue on how to navigate through society without leaving a slimy snailtrail in their wake.

When I was a kid, busting the sk8 park unwritten rules would earn you a savage beatdown. Especially repeat "snaking" (cutting in line) offenders. It's the biggest cause of collisions in the park. Common courtesy, along with sense, are becoming less than common.

When I was a kid, busting the sk8 park unwritten rules would earn you a savage beatdown. Especially repeat "snaking" (cutting in line) offenders. It's the biggest cause of collisions in the park.
I saw some harshness dealt at Skatopia in Buena Park, CA waybackwhen. Though I already knew to not be a snake, it reaffirmed that being uncool had consequences. Today, consequences are not dealt regularly and thus, we have a permeation of the Idiot Nation.

I saw some harshness dealt at Skatopia in Buena Park, CA waybackwhen. Though I already knew to not be a snake, it reaffirmed that being uncool had consequences. Today, consequences are not dealt regularly and thus, we have a permeation of the Idiot Nation.
Very true. Our local skatepark is built at the county rec center next to 8 soccer fields. It is inundated with unsupervised kids all the time. And idiot parents that are quick to blame the actual skaters/bikers using the park when their kid gets hit or hurt

Very true. Our local skatepark is built at the county rec center next to 8 soccer fields. It is inundated with unsupervised kids all the time. And idiot parents that are quick to blame the actual skaters/bikers using the park when their kid gets hit or hurt
Now that you mention it, the Eerie location is in a large community park with sportsball fields and playgrounds as well and that seems to be what's happening there. Once I figure out off-hours, I'll go back and enjoy it when it's not crowded.

This is all well and good though because when advocating for one in my burg, the location needs to be one of the highest considerations. If it is the destination attraction, that'll filter out the unattended child melee that seems to create dangerous conditions for all users.

Latest posts

Back